Not a Member Yet? 

JOIN TODAY. IT'S FREE!

Advertising Opportunities
  Permissions & Licensing
  Terms of Service
  Privacy Policy
  Copyright

Index      FAQ       Member List       Report Abuse        Guidelines    

Topic: Did you know that lesbians are transparent?

Reply to topic   Post new topic
tommygrrl  

Posted: 12 Nov 2004, 2:09 am    Post subject: Did you know that lesbians are transparent? Reply with quote

Yep, that's right! You can see right through us! While two women could walk right up to the President and kiss each other, he would say, "Oh, it's nice to meet you and your sister..." No one will even give us the time of day! We are supposed to be baby making machines, period. That's what society wants, and that's what society sees, no matter what is happening under their noses. We need to stand up and say "Here we are. We're gay, acknowledge it. And no, we don't want to meet your son/nice bachelor neighbor/etc." It is extremely important that the gay/lesbian community work together to help us stand up for what we deserve, but lesbians also need to come together at some point and just BE SEEN. Let's shock them. Let's stand up and let them know that this is not a mistake, a disease, or a psychosis. THIS IS WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE CHOOSE TO BE!
RachaelNW  

Interests: Reading, writing, philosophy (particulary Nietzsche), music (Alternative; personally, classical; while studying, dance/trance; socially), arthouse/foreign cinema, psychology, talking to interesting people.
Physical Location: Sydney, Australia

Posted: 1 May 2005, 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree mostly, but this is NOT something I have chosen! Who would chose it? What kind of a masochist would be gay if there was any other choice? There isn't one! The only choice one can make is to whether or not one accepts it.
melody77  

Interests: singing
Physical Location: Florida

Posted: 19 May 2005, 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what she's saying..'choose to be' is not that we chose to have these feelings, but I myself went through years of surpressing those feelings, and not practicing it. That was me choosing to not live it, even though I was only fooling myself for others acceptance....I think that what she was saying, cuz I dont think its something that anyone would just simply choose..choosing to make your life difficult? Hmmm not so sure about that one.
Reply to topic   Post new topic    

Page 1 of 1

Discussion Boards by phpBB © 2006 phpBB Group

www.glbtq.com is produced by glbtq, Inc., 1130 West Adams Street, Chicago, IL   60607
glbtq™ and its logo are trademarks of glbtq, Inc.
This site and its contents Copyright © 2002-2006, glbtq, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
Your use of this site indicates that you accept its Terms of Service.