Permissions & Licensing
  Terms of Service
  Privacy Policy
  Copyright

Index      FAQ       Member List       Report Abuse        Guidelines    

Topic: Help a girl out!

Reply to topic   Post new topic
MadMandy  

Interests: I'm into a whole buncha stuff... Currently my life revolves around writing the Next Great American Novel... or at least the Next Pretty Good American Novel, and making people reeeally mad.
Physical Location: Hell! Oops... I mean... Utah. Yeah. Utah.

Posted: 22 Apr 2004, 6:04 pm    Post subject: Help a girl out! Reply with quote

Hey folks. My friend and I are writing a research/opinion paper on the Gay Rights Movement. I've found some good stuff on the internet, but I'd like to get another angle. Anyone know where any good ANTI-gay info on the Gay Rights Movement could be found? I want actual history, not some "Death to queers" propaganda. I wanna see another side, to give me a different perspective. Plus, I want a logical argument from the freaks who tell me I'm a-goin' to hell. If I'm damned, why can they not defend that position, hmm...? Anyway, some help would be nice. So... yeah. Blessed Be, all.
xtro181  

Interests: GLBTQ Cinema, History, Film, Seperation of Church and State, but not ACLU fanatical: MUSIKA (The Arts). Classical guitar (teach it), Non-hateful religions: looking for one! Part Native American, I respect the Earth Mother.
Physical Location: New Jersey

Posted: 13 May 2004, 12:32 am    Post subject: ANTI-Gay Reply with quote

Hiya Amanda!

The very fact that you posted this question is an enigma of sorts. Considering that you are doing a "research paper" it is understandable that you would want to exclude the fanatics htat "codemn to Hell" anyone of GLBTQ perusuasion. So I gather you rule out the Westboro Baptist Church (Rev. Phelp) and many other religious organizations.

As a suggestion, and ONLY a suggestion... perhaps you may want to look into the archives of the American Psychiatric Association (don't have a link handy, sorry)... and explore the reasons behind their decision to remove "homosexuality" from the mental illness category in the early '70's. At least, there should be some scientic info there that is not all "crazy" and mixed up with religion.

Just a suggestion... and good wishes for that paper!

Bob (Xtro181)
xtro181  

Interests: GLBTQ Cinema, History, Film, Seperation of Church and State, but not ACLU fanatical: MUSIKA (The Arts). Classical guitar (teach it), Non-hateful religions: looking for one! Part Native American, I respect the Earth Mother.
Physical Location: New Jersey

Posted: 13 May 2004, 12:35 am    Post subject: ...cont... Reply with quote

...continued...

I would also recommend a viewing of such great films as "The Times of Harvey Milk" (Doc) and the "Celluoid Closet" as both films have a great deal of history involved!

Bob (Xtro181)
ArLd_2inz  

Interests: Reading
Physical Location: Palmer Alaska

Posted: 25 May 2005, 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Their is a book titled "Gay Rights" in the Current Controversy Series that gives both views on gay rights. You may want to go and check it out.
Reply to topic   Post new topic    

Page 1 of 1

Discussion Boards by phpBB © 2006 phpBB Group

www.glbtq.com is produced by glbtq, Inc., 1130 West Adams Street, Chicago, IL   60607
glbtq™ and its logo are trademarks of glbtq, Inc.
This site and its contents Copyright © 2002-2006, glbtq, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
Your use of this site indicates that you accept its Terms of Service.