Permissions & Licensing
  Terms of Service
  Privacy Policy
  Copyright

Index      FAQ       Member List       Report Abuse        Guidelines    

Topic: GLBT History....timeline

Reply to topic   Post new topic
jen11  

Posted: 10 Jul 2006, 12:32 pm    Post subject: GLBT History....timeline Reply with quote

Hello all...I am in the process of aquiring as much Gay history as I possibly can. I am working on a project that targets GLBTQ youth and interested parties. It is a youth adovocacy camp and part of it is to inform these youth about their gay history...including the beginning of the gay movement...important figures, literature, theories, etc. Any help will be appreciated.
Jillitaj  

Interests: Arts, Equal Rights, Music, Education
Physical Location: NY

Posted: 14 Jul 2006, 1:53 am    Post subject: Gay History Timeline to apply to music Reply with quote

I too am looking for gay history, but very specific dates. A lot of gray/gay areas. I need to know the specific date Aids was announced regarding the US. When was the first homosexual couple married? When did political figures come out to us regarding the US? I am trying to put together music to mark the hallmarks of our gay history. I would like it to be an accurate timeline, but am finding it hard to get specific dates regarding my research....including the beginning of the gay movement...important figures, literature, theories, etc. I am looking for Month, Day, and year, not Month and Year. Any help will be appreciated. And, bottom line, if anyone has suggestions regarding music to express all of the above please respond with best representation of that specific era. Thanks to all.
Jillitaj  

Interests: Arts, Equal Rights, Music, Education
Physical Location: NY

Posted: 14 Jul 2006, 2:03 am    Post subject: No. 1 Song Reply with quote

Number one song on the day you were born, or out, or 18...or wondering what music was playing while you were enjoying life and history. It's fun to look back! That's why we are all here. First go to:

http://www.thisdayinmusic.com/member/birthdayno1.php

Then add it to the list....

1. Joy-There I've Said It Again-Bobby Vinton
2. Britt-Heaven Is a Place on Earth-Belinda Carlisle
3. Blair-Jump-Kriss Kross
gz  

Posted: 25 Jul 2006, 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: GLBT History....timeline Reply with quote

I was looking for the same thing - this site came in somewhat handy - http://www.kqed.org/topics/history/heritage/lgbt/history-links.jsp
gennee  

Interests: reading, writing, poetry, transgender issues, gospel, veteran's issues,jazz,education,religion,literature,Native-American and African culture,lighthouses,trails,castles,tractor trailers, playwriting, biograhies, electronics, bass guitar
Physical Location: new york

Posted: 14 Sep 2006, 9:10 am    Post subject: Organization Reply with quote

Hi, Jen. Perhaps www.pflag.org will be able to help you.

Gennee
synur4all  

Interests: Cycling, Kayaking, Hiking gay male.
Physical Location: New England, U.S.A.

Posted: 17 Oct 2006, 8:47 pm    Post subject: Famous GLBTQ people who were influential in US Gov't. Reply with quote

Does anyone know of a listing of famous GLBTQ people who were influential during WW2 and later? I know there are many GLBTQ people who were military members involved in the collection of intelligence, language interpreters etc.
Reply to topic   Post new topic    

Page 1 of 1

Discussion Boards by phpBB © 2006 phpBB Group

www.glbtq.com is produced by glbtq, Inc., 1130 West Adams Street, Chicago, IL   60607
glbtq™ and its logo are trademarks of glbtq, Inc.
This site and its contents Copyright © 2002-2006, glbtq, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
Your use of this site indicates that you accept its Terms of Service.