Terms of Service
  Privacy Policy
  Copyright

Index      FAQ       Member List       Report Abuse        Guidelines    

Topic: is there a happy ending?

Reply to topic   Post new topic
stgo0727  

Physical Location: Philippines

Posted: 13 Aug 2007, 10:19 pm    Post subject: is there a happy ending? Reply with quote

i wonder if anyone out there still believes in happy endings for gay / lesbian relationships? is there such a thing? or are all gay / lesbian relationships temporary? that we shouldn't really invest much emotion into it so that we don't get hurt in the end?
comit  

Posted: 10 Sep 2007, 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im not gay / lesbian but have a few friends who are. i think that the whole happiness of a realtionship depends upon the two people who are in it even people who are in straight realtionships have the same worry but with gay / lesbian relationships have the extra added pressure of it still been a socal taboo within many cultures and everyday life which in turn puts the realtionship under stress and sometimes may cause problems that striaght relationships dont have.everyone has a right to be happy with the partner of their choice its up to you how much you let the other person in and how much work is put into making the realtionship work
Boggie  

Interests: Writing, reading, history, travel, film. biking, art study and collecting. I am researching a book on The Unsolved Murder/Suicide at Greystone Mansion in Beverly Hills. My partner and live in a old house near the sea with Phoebe our Cat and Lulu our Dog.
Physical Location: Coast of California.

Posted: 5 May 2008, 12:53 pm    Post subject: Oh Yes. Reply with quote

[b] My friend there is. My partner (Domestic Partner) as we are in California and I have been together for 36 years and our love gets only stronger. We have been through the Fires of Hell together. The wild wonderful Haight/Asbury days of Flower Children. An open relationship until the first word of the AIDS Plague, the deaths of actually uncountable friends, the loss of parents and their amazing warmth and acceptance when we came out to them. The amazing travels here in America, to Mexico, Canada and most of Western Europe.
The slow yet still ongoing relationship with my son and two grandchildren. Things change and some remain very much the same. My two heart attacks and diabetes have put me on medication that kicks the crap out of the libido and yet we still sleep in the same room and the same bed every night as we keep each other warm and safe from an often cold and cruel world.
His name is Michael. His name is my Life.
Good-luck buddy.
DVDLover  

Posted: 15 May 2008, 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: is there a happy ending? Reply with quote

[quote="stgo0727"]i wonder if anyone out there still believes in happy endings for gay / lesbian relationships? [quote]

Yes, my friend, there is. My partner of 25+ years and I will be married within the next few months now that we Californians are allowed to.

This isn't really the ending, though. We're hoping for many happy years to come.
Boggie  

Interests: Writing, reading, history, travel, film. biking, art study and collecting. I am researching a book on The Unsolved Murder/Suicide at Greystone Mansion in Beverly Hills. My partner and live in a old house near the sea with Phoebe our Cat and Lulu our Dog.
Physical Location: Coast of California.

Posted: 15 May 2008, 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations DVDLover and partner. Yes, quite a day here in the Golden State. Of course the right wing homophobes are already at work with petitions to get a measure on the November ballet to overturn the Supreme Court decision. So we have a lot of hard work to do.
Can we defeat the fundamentalist hate mongers? I know damn sure we will.
Reply to topic   Post new topic    

Page 1 of 1

Discussion Boards by phpBB © 2006 phpBB Group

www.glbtq.com is produced by glbtq, Inc., 1130 West Adams Street, Chicago, IL   60607
glbtq™ and its logo are trademarks of glbtq, Inc.
This site and its contents Copyright © 2002-2006, glbtq, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
Your use of this site indicates that you accept its Terms of Service.