Not a Member Yet? 

JOIN TODAY. IT'S FREE!

Advertising Opportunities
  Permissions & Licensing
  Terms of Service
  Privacy Policy
  Copyright

Index      FAQ       Member List       Report Abuse        Guidelines    

Topic: how much of a gender do you consider yourself?

Reply to topic   Post new topic
"J"  

Interests: poetry, writing, music, work, philosophy, kids, art, playing the flute and fife.
Physical Location: Connecticut

Posted: 22 Feb 2008, 4:39 pm    Post subject: how much of a gender do you consider yourself? Reply with quote

I know this question is going to be werid and i'm also asking to get in touch with other genderqueers that are out there. How much of a woman or a man do you consider yourself. For example i consider myself 75% male and 25% female. the way i think of myself in terms of a gender is roughly about the percentages i just noted. as you can see, i see myself as more masculine than feminine, or more male than female but in many ways i consider myself as a specific gender. i am niether and then i am both and i want so desperately for my body to represent either a genderless or multigender body. something thats half man and half woman and yet appears to be questionable.or angrogynous, or more like you can't tell the difference. I've heard someone from a gender rebel documentory on the logo channel equate their genderqueer as 75% male nad 25% female. If there are other genderqueers out their i would very much appreciate if you could respond back to this message just to hear your opinon. Thank you.
Mikelo  

Physical Location: Colorado

Posted: 24 Feb 2008, 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, it depends on my mood and the lover I'm with. If it's my man, I'm more girl. A woman; more of a man.
gennee  

Interests: reading, writing, poetry, transgender issues, gospel, veteran's issues,jazz,education,religion,literature,Native-American and African culture,lighthouses,trails,castles,tractor trailers, playwriting, biograhies, electronics, bass guitar
Physical Location: new york

Posted: 28 Feb 2008, 4:39 pm    Post subject: Depends Upon the Day Reply with quote

With me, it depends upon the day. I usually consdier myself 50-50 but I always feel feminine to some degree. My gender is fluid so I can feel many things.

Gennee
transdyke  

Interests: music of most genres, poetry, art, computer graphics and special effects, theatre, enviromontal protection, modern history, architecture, the ongoing search for the gay gene, the pursuit and survival tactics of life, i guess i do it all...
Physical Location: hick town, minnesota

Posted: 21 Mar 2008, 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most days I am about 80% male 20% female. The majority of my identity is male, I still cringe at the use of my female name. Yet the female bit helps me maintain my hair, emotions and dignity; so as much as I hate it, it is still necessary....
spacecase  

Posted: 26 Mar 2008, 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I could remember where, but I took a 'test' online, that answered that question. I realize that a test isn't necessary, and that a person needs to think about these things, but for me it was interesting. It said I was 50/50. Right down the middle.

I might be able to come up with a URL if anyone's inyerested.
MGC94  

Physical Location: East coast, Canada

Posted: 3 Nov 2008, 11:56 am    Post subject: Percentages? Reply with quote

The posts in this topic are from months ago now but I feel a need to comment anyway. The question of what percentage of only two (stereotypical, narrowly defined, status quo) gender choices we are handed by society I am, got me to thinking. What do the words male and female mean to you? Or masculine and feminine? Is there a difference between biological sex and gender? If so why do we allow the word gender to be used interchangeably to mean both ones biological sex (male, female or inter-sexed) and ones gender identity as dictated by an outward expression of characteristics and behaviors that may or may not have anything to do with ones primary and secondary sex characteristics? Look, pretty much what I'm trying to get at here is a questioning of the binary gender system itself may be more satisfying than trying to define ones self within the terms of a system that rejects the existence and validity of anyone living outside its bounds.
gennee  

Interests: reading, writing, poetry, transgender issues, gospel, veteran's issues,jazz,education,religion,literature,Native-American and African culture,lighthouses,trails,castles,tractor trailers, playwriting, biograhies, electronics, bass guitar
Physical Location: new york

Posted: 4 Nov 2008, 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The gender binary system is a means of control. There have always been people who fall in between the genders. I have yet to meet someone who is extemely masculine or feminine. Though I describe myself as transgender and a cross dresser, it doesn't matter to me how others refer to me personally.

Gennee
Reply to topic   Post new topic    

Page 1 of 1

Discussion Boards by phpBB © 2006 phpBB Group

www.glbtq.com is produced by glbtq, Inc., 1130 West Adams Street, Chicago, IL   60607
glbtq™ and its logo are trademarks of glbtq, Inc.
This site and its contents Copyright © 2002-2006, glbtq, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
Your use of this site indicates that you accept its Terms of Service.