Copyright

Index      FAQ       Member List       Report Abuse        Guidelines    

Topic: I need help :(

Reply to topic   Post new topic
videlsd  

Physical Location: Florida, USA

Posted: 22 Jan 2008, 5:46 am    Post subject: I need help :( Reply with quote

HI everyone :)

I'm a 17 year old bisexual girl, and i've been out to my family since i was 12, known about and accepted myself since i was about 11, and until a while ago i've been totally comfortable with myself and my sexuality. I've had at least one serious relationship with either gender, even though i just broke up with my girlfriend after a year.
My problem is. . . I keep thinking i'm wrong, i'm lonely, i dont have anybody around me to look up to or to help me. . My best friend is a lesbian, and I have enough gay acquantainces, but . . None of them are bisexual. Every time i tell someone i've met that i am one, they tell me it's a lie, and that i should decide between one or the other. I can't do that! I went through a tough time getting myself together and to realize that i DO like either gender, sexually and emotionally, and i thought i was done with that phase, but apparently it's back, worse than ever.
I can be and have been completely satisfied with one gender while in a relationship, and i never broke up with someone because their gender didn't satisfy me, neither sexually nor sentimentally. It seems fair enough to me, and it works in my head, but i've been stressing out and crying for the past weeks dwelling on this issue, and what i really am. I know there are many attention-whores out there who are just bi because, but. . . I'm not one of them.
Is it okay to be bi? Is anybody here bi, also? I'd really like to hear from older, more experienced people. . . Are you accepted ? Are you satisfied in that aspect when it comes to dating someone?
i'm so confused. . .

sorry for the long post, i just had to let it out. ):

Thank you,
Giselle
DVDLover  

Posted: 23 Jan 2008, 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: I need help :( Reply with quote

I am so sorry that people aren't respecting who you are. You deserve that.

I am as gay as can be, but that doesn't mean you have to fit into some preconceived notion that I have. It takes extraordinary strength of character to resist the pressure people are putting on you to pick some menu choice that doesn't fit, but you're wise to do it. If you aren't a lesbian, then you just aren't and that's just how you ought to be.

Here's a link to a story I saw on the news today that talks about how bisexuality in women is a REAL legitimate sexual orientation, not just a phase.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22809222/

I hope this helps, and please stay true to yourself.
videlsd  

Posted: 25 Jan 2008, 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you so much for the link;
i acutally went trhough every hepful document i could find when i posted this, such as PFLAG articles and whatnot, and it calmed me down a little. . . .

^___^;
thanks again
transdyke  

Interests: music of most genres, poetry, art, computer graphics and special effects, theatre, enviromontal protection, modern history, architecture, the ongoing search for the gay gene, the pursuit and survival tactics of life, i guess i do it all...
Physical Location: hick town, minnesota

Posted: 30 Jan 2008, 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm honestly repulsed at our levels of discrimination in this country..... its like there's a compition between homophobia, biphobia and transphobia! And the compition has bonus points for hatecrimes; so in that respect I believe biphobia is losing the game.
Heterophobes and sepratists can try all they want, the best way to survive is educating the ignorant and hate crime protection laws. Personally I'm not sure what I would do if my local police didn't have a GBLT liason.
videlsd  

Posted: 31 Jan 2008, 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's so true: what scares me the most every now and then is that my sexuality is not accepted by a big part of both groups, heteros and homos.

why can't we all just get along?
gennee  

Interests: reading, writing, poetry, transgender issues, gospel, veteran's issues,jazz,education,religion,literature,Native-American and African culture,lighthouses,trails,castles,tractor trailers, playwriting, biograhies, electronics, bass guitar
Physical Location: new york

Posted: 1 Feb 2008, 1:10 pm    Post subject: Be Happy with yourself. Reply with quote

Giselle, the most important thing is to be happy with who YOU are. Those who are your real friends will support and respect you for who you are. I'm transgender and I know what transphobia is first hand but I love who I am and no one is going to change that.

Gennee.
twinnies  

Interests: Playing guitar, cleaning the house and gardening, swimming and playing badminton
Physical Location: somewhere in Asia

Posted: 18 Jan 2009, 7:03 am    Post subject: I need help :( Reply with quote

Hi.. I'm a bisexual. I just realized it December 2008 but I'm happy with being a bisexual. I like the two genders too and I have no problems dealing with my own sexuality.

however, my problem is like yours. I live in Asia and the country where I live is very much conservative in their views regarding the third sex worst, my family is very conservative too. They are not open for the third sex. :(

I never came out to my family that I'm a bisexual. I just kept it inside and with my girlfriend. :)
I know its pathetic but I don't know how to let my family know about it. I think I will just move to a community where people are open with the third sex.
angel32592  

Interests: Anything and everything an average young adult enjoys. =D
Physical Location: Vermont, USA

Posted: 20 Oct 2009, 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giselle,
I am also a 17 year old girl and i am bisexual. I however have hidden that fact from everyone except one friend of mine. She accepts me for who i am. But i was raised in a house where my mother would condemn bisexuals. She didn't mind guy or lesbian relations only bisexual. But i found that i enjoy the feeling of being with a woman as well as a man. There is nothing wrong with that. I may not have "come out" but i know what i am. And even if others did know, i wouldn't change that just because they thought it wrong. Why change who you are for others when they wont even change their way of thinking for you? Be proud to be a bisexual, or anything else you become, it is just as large a part of you as your soul.
Reply to topic   Post new topic    

Page 1 of 1

Discussion Boards by phpBB © 2006 phpBB Group

www.glbtq.com is produced by glbtq, Inc., 1130 West Adams Street, Chicago, IL   60607
glbtq™ and its logo are trademarks of glbtq, Inc.
This site and its contents Copyright © 2002-2006, glbtq, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
Your use of this site indicates that you accept its Terms of Service.