Terms of Service
  Privacy Policy
  Copyright

Index      FAQ       Member List       Report Abuse        Guidelines    

Topic: Gary Collins, Dennis Cole

Reply to topic   Post new topic
Carew  

Interests: Movies, television, sports, politics, literature, current events

Posted: 3 Nov 2007, 9:32 pm    Post subject: Gary Collins, Dennis Cole Reply with quote

When I was growing up in the late 1960's, a closeted gay teenager with no friends that I could confide in, these 2 handsome television actors played a big role in my imagination and in my fantasies. Gary Collins was on 'Iron Horse' and Dennis Cole was on 'Felony Squad'. I continued to occasionally follow their careers even as I grew older, started a career, came out, and made friends. As time went on, though ,I saw less of them on TV as new younger actors came along, and I had more interests and concerns to focus my attention on. I was preoccupied with my own life, my successes and failures, and I balanced fantasy with reality. I'm middle-aged now (hard to believe, once it seemed an infinity away), I've had my wins and losses in life, I'm still working at temporary jobs though my career appears to have ended, many of my friends are gone though I do still have some close, good friends that I've been able to stay in touch with, thank God.
Within the past month Gary Collins and Dennis Cole both were arrested for civil offenses.They were pictured on the internet. I hadn't heard anything about either of them in a long time. They too have aged (as have I). It's kind of disconcerting to see one's childhood idols as elderly men, with problems of their own, in a context very different from what it was 40 years ago. A glimpse into my own mortality. I guess we all have our problems, we all get old, and sooner or later our fantasies intersect with reality. But that's life, and we all do the best we can.
Boggie  

Interests: Writing, reading, history, travel, film. biking, art study and collecting. I am researching a book on The Unsolved Murder/Suicide at Greystone Mansion in Beverly Hills. My partner and live in a old house near the sea with Phoebe our Cat and Lulu our Dog.
Physical Location: Coast of California.

Posted: 13 Mar 2008, 8:09 am    Post subject: What offense? Reply with quote

I have always thought Collins was hot. Even now without a painting of Dorian Grey in the attic. Wish you could tell me where I could read on the civil offense and if he is still married to that dingbat Mary Ann Mobely?[b]
nielsen522  

Interests: Surfing the web,Reading, Movies

Posted: 9 Feb 2010, 7:44 am    Post subject: Re: Gary Collins, Dennis Cole Reply with quote

Carew wrote:
When I was growing up in the late 1960's, a closeted gay teenager with no friends that I could confide in, these 2 handsome television actors played a big role in my imagination and in my fantasies. Gary Collins was on 'Iron Horse' and Dennis Cole was on 'Felony Squad'. I continued to occasionally follow their careers even as I grew older, started a career, came out, and made friends. As time went on, though ,I saw less of them on TV as new younger actors came along, and I had more interests and concerns to focus my attention on. I was preoccupied with my own life, my successes and failures, and I balanced fantasy with reality. I'm middle-aged now (hard to believe, once it seemed an infinity away), I've had my wins and losses in life, I'm still working at temporary jobs though my career appears to have ended, many of my friends are gone though I do still have some close, good friends that I've been able to stay in touch with, thank God.
Within the past month Gary Collins and Dennis Cole both were arrested for civil offenses.They were pictured on the internet. I hadn't heard anything about either of them in a long time. They too have aged (as have I). It's kind of disconcerting to see one's childhood idols as elderly men, with problems of their own, in a context very different from what it was 40 years ago. A glimpse into my own mortality. I guess we all have our problems, we all get old, and sooner or later our fantasies intersect with reality. But that's life, and we all do the best we can.

Yeah! that's so true. That's why when we are still young we must live our life to the fullest. Do the impossible.! :)
Reply to topic   Post new topic    

Page 1 of 1

Discussion Boards by phpBB © 2006 phpBB Group

www.glbtq.com is produced by glbtq, Inc., 1130 West Adams Street, Chicago, IL   60607
glbtq™ and its logo are trademarks of glbtq, Inc.
This site and its contents Copyright © 2002-2006, glbtq, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
Your use of this site indicates that you accept its Terms of Service.