Permissions & Licensing
  Terms of Service
  Privacy Policy
  Copyright

Index      FAQ       Member List       Report Abuse        Guidelines    

Topic: News From New York

Reply to topic   Post new topic
gennee  

Interests: reading, writing, poetry, transgender issues, gospel, veteran's issues,jazz,education,religion,literature,Native-American and African culture,lighthouses,trails,castles,tractor trailers, playwriting, biograhies, electronics, bass guitar
Physical Location: new york

Posted: 3 Mar 2010, 3:45 pm    Post subject: News From New York Reply with quote

The New York State has passed the Gender Expression Non-Discrimination Act. It's the third time this has happened. There will be a Senate Call-in next wek of which I will participate in.

Gennee
JayJay  

Interests: gay history

Posted: 4 Mar 2010, 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: News From New York Reply with quote

To clarify, the bill was passed by the Assembly. It now must be passed by the Senate, which has previously voted against the bill. It is thought that it may have difficulty getting out of the committee to which it was assigned. I hope that it makes it into law, but it looks doubtful.
JGLS  

Physical Location: United States

Posted: 5 Jun 2010, 10:18 am    Post subject: Proud! Reply with quote

Both of your comments is news to my ear but it makes me feel good that there is progress. I'm a transgender myself in the very early stages of transfermation so to know that i can not be discriminated for my transgenderism means great strides to me.
Thank you for sharing this amazing news!
glbtq  
Site Admin

Posted: 12 Jun 2010, 6:36 am    Post subject: GENDA Dead Reply with quote

Alas, it looks as though the Gender Employment Nondiscrimination Act has died in the New York Senate, failing by a single vote to be reported out of a committee.
gennee  

Interests: reading, writing, poetry, transgender issues, gospel, veteran's issues,jazz,education,religion,literature,Native-American and African culture,lighthouses,trails,castles,tractor trailers, playwriting, biograhies, electronics, bass guitar
Physical Location: new york

Posted: 12 Jun 2010, 12:00 pm    Post subject: Disappointing Reply with quote

I read about it yesterday. Very disappointing. We're closer. Take note of Rev Diaz. He is a notorious homophobe and transphobe and a sellout to boot. The fight must continue.

Gennee
Reply to topic   Post new topic    

Page 1 of 1

Discussion Boards by phpBB © 2006 phpBB Group

www.glbtq.com is produced by glbtq, Inc., 1130 West Adams Street, Chicago, IL   60607
glbtq™ and its logo are trademarks of glbtq, Inc.
This site and its contents Copyright © 2002-2006, glbtq, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
Your use of this site indicates that you accept its Terms of Service.