Permissions & Licensing
  Terms of Service
  Privacy Policy
  Copyright

Index      FAQ       Member List       Report Abuse        Guidelines    

Topic: Evil?

Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jade Rose  

Interests: anything, basicall. Sleeping is good, but I don't get enough sleep.
Physical Location: here, on the computer, ignoring my homework

Posted: 3 Apr 2006, 3:24 pm    Post subject: Evil? Reply with quote

I know this might not be the place for this, but I can't think of any other place. I'm a teen growing up in the church, and I'm so confused. Does the fact that I am bisexual mean that I am evil? That I will burn in hell? What does this all mean? I'm confused, and scared beyond belief, because everything I have ever learned goes against who I am!
Archangel  

Posted: 4 Apr 2006, 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: Evil? Reply with quote

Jade Rose wrote:
I know this might not be the place for this, but I can't think of any other place. I'm a teen growing up in the church, and I'm so confused. Does the fact that I am bisexual mean that I am evil? That I will burn in hell? What does this all mean? I'm confused, and scared beyond belief, because everything I have ever learned goes against who I am!

Of course you're not evil! in a society where being uncomfortable means being normal it is hard to tell. So long as one is a morally sound person that is all I believe God wants. Besides bear in mind the Bible was written by Humans and when it passes through our hands there is always a margin for bias. Of course my statements are biased to so the most important thing I believe is "I think therefore I am". If you are comfortable with who you are isn't it better to be able to live with yourself than with the ideals of the church?
Paloma  

Interests: I'm studying literature. So of course I'm interested in that. I am also interested in films and music. Well, Culture in general.
Physical Location: Roskilde - Denmark

Posted: 5 Apr 2006, 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all I may not be the right person to answer this question. I am lesbian (therefore I do not think homosexuals or bisexuals are evil) and I am not a christian (although I have been a member of the Danish protestant church). But no, I do not think you are evil and I do not think god will think you are. As Boy George says in the son Same Thing in Reverse: In God's image I am made. We are all made in the image of god. If he/she created us this way, how can it be evil? I think God rejoices every time he sees love, no matter what kind.
Sefronia7  

Interests: Everything and nothing

Posted: 4 Jun 2006, 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God is love, dear one. Always remember that. When you are old enough and independent you have nothing to lose but your chains if you come to terms with who you really are..........until then read other books that discuss a more temperate view of the world and a real, living, non judgemental deity.
Good luck,
Sefronia

www.sefronia777.com
Nickiy  

Interests: Sleeping. Reading. Sleeping. Writing. Maths C. Sleeping. Provoking the cosmos.
Physical Location: Bris-Vegas, The Land of Aus

Posted: 27 May 2007, 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the way I see it (not being a particularly religious person myself, bar the odd bit of pantheism here and there when I want to justify things) is that, as most people in a position of religious authority say if you badger them about it for long enough - the soul does not really have a gender/sex/whatever. It is something metaphysical and beyond all this bipolar structure.

So why would one be damned for loving someone of the same gender/sex/whatever? After all, if the relationship is entered into with a good heart and pure intentions (that is, I want to actually care for this person and love them, I am not just looking for a quick one on the side), then on a metaphysical level, it really does not matter if you are both men or both women or one man and one woman or one or both of you have no gender or both gender or a third gender or what, because souls are beyond this petty sort of thing. If the soul really cared about these sorts of thing, you would be damned if, say, you had green eyes and your partner had blue eyes.

And to be sure, there are a few passages in the Bible (can't find the exact ones... I sort of went into a hissy fit and ate them after those friendly JW's told me where exactly they were...) that say that men with men is wrong, and women with women is wrong. However, most of these are about rape - because, as we all know, all non-heterosexuals are paedophiles and rapists...

So while on the surface it appears that Christianity condemns all non-heterosexuals to a fiery doom (incidentally, there is no real fiery Hell, it's actually just an absence of anything for the rest of eternity - including an absence of body and an absence of thought so if you go to Hell you wouldn't even know it), in actuality if you approach the issue with logic and a clear knowledge of context and whatnot, it actually doesn't really hate it too much at all.

So even if the Christians around you do not approve, God/Jesus/Moses/Dave+Johnny still love you. And hopefully even for them there'll be a day when the gays and the grims can live peacefully together. Not for a while, by the looks of things (http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,21805331-954,00.html) but someday, maybe.
gennee  

Interests: reading, writing, poetry, transgender issues, gospel, veteran's issues,jazz,education,religion,literature,Native-American and African culture,lighthouses,trails,castles,tractor trailers, playwriting, biograhies, electronics, bass guitar
Physical Location: new york

Posted: 29 May 2007, 8:29 am    Post subject: God Loves You Reply with quote

Hi, Jade. I read your post with rapt interest. I just want to say that God loves you. He doesn't reject you because you are bisexual. If you have asked Jesus to come into your heart already, praise God! I am a transgendered, born again Christian who is also a crossdresser. I discovered my transgenderism only two years ago. God did not reject me because I'm transgendered just as He will not reject you because you're bisexual.

Jesus is interested in your heart, Jade. Seek his guidance and wisdom in this matter. All people need to come to Christ whether gay, straight, transgender, or bisexual.

I know your scared. I was when I found out that I was transgendered and like to dress in women's clothing. When I admitted to myself that I am a crossdresser and transgender, all the stress and tension disappeared. I have peace about the matter and feel no guilt or shame about it. I have a desire to minister to men and women like yourself.

You can read my testimony on the website posted below.
www.epistle.us . click on What's New, click 'Transgender and a Christian'.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. I will be praying for you, Jade.

Gennee
groovejet  

Interests: al jazeera english, archives, catherine deneuve, cats, documentaries, essays, extra portions, feminism, films, journalism, plus-sized women, politics, sexuality, window seats, women, writing
Physical Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted: 21 Jan 2008, 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: Evil? Reply with quote

Jade Rose wrote:

If God had wanted me otherwise, He would have created me otherwise. ~Johann von Goethe
WillSOL  

Interests: Soul Coach

Posted: 21 May 2008, 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Evil? Reply with quote

Jade Rose wrote:

Hi Jade,
Please read this article on my website which I hope will bring you peace.
http://www.love-themeaningoflife.com/samegenderrelationship
gennee  

Interests: reading, writing, poetry, transgender issues, gospel, veteran's issues,jazz,education,religion,literature,Native-American and African culture,lighthouses,trails,castles,tractor trailers, playwriting, biograhies, electronics, bass guitar

Posted: 25 May 2008, 7:14 pm    Post subject: How are You? Reply with quote

Hi, Jade. How are you doing? It's been nearly a year since I posted about this and I'm wondering if things are going well with you? If you want to send a private message feel free to do so.

Gennee
Kailey  

Interests: AFI, Maximum Ride
Physical Location: Oklahoma

Posted: 23 Apr 2009, 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure God doesn't want people to be evil so he won't make something you have no control of make you evil.
gennee  

Posted: 23 Apr 2009, 5:40 pm    Post subject: He Loves You Reply with quote

Hi Jade. How are you? I pray that you are doing well. I pray that you have found some peace in your life. God loves you as you are.

Gennee
acharris  

Posted: 3 May 2009, 11:36 am    Post subject: Re: Evil? Reply with quote

Jade Rose wrote:

being a bisexual myself, i know exactly what you are going through. even though i am now in college, i am still confused and frankly still kind of scared of coming out.
remember that hell is the separation from God, from love, justice and peace. loving and caring for another, no matter what gender or sex, is an act of goodness, not evil.

i have found that bisexuality is more of a blessing than a curse, for it has allowed me to have a genuine concern and love for all humanity.

actions can be deemed evil, humans cannot.

i hope this helps.
oneofmany  

Physical Location: Phoenix, Arizona

Posted: 15 Sep 2010, 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Evil? Reply with quote

Jade Rose wrote:

Jade, I'm 61, straight, Christian, and married. That should scare the hell out of you right there. but Not so fast, my young friend. I am in the process of writing a book on this subject. My target survey group is alot older and of various GLBTQ orientations. Most if not all have told me the same thing that your post does. However, if I have heard what they have told me correctly, you are already ahead of the game. Your last sentence sums up what many have struggled with long after they were in high school. "...because everything I have ever learned goes against WHO I AM". Some of those I have interviewed have known WHAT they were/are since they were old enough to comprehend the thought. But many admitted they did not know WHO they were until much much later. You are not evil. Far from it. And those that tell you differently, do not understand their own "self" that well. The Jesus that I know would not discriminate, nor would he exclude you from His presence because you are different. In His commandment to love one another, no where does it say who or of what variety to love. Take heart my friend, not all of us olde pharte Christians will view you as anything else than one of us; a member of the only race on earth; THE HUMAN RACE! Good luck to you in your life's journey.
Reply to topic   Post new topic    

Page 1 of 1

Discussion Boards by phpBB © 2006 phpBB Group

www.glbtq.com is produced by glbtq, Inc., 1130 West Adams Street, Chicago, IL   60607
glbtq™ and its logo are trademarks of glbtq, Inc.
This site and its contents Copyright © 2002-2006, glbtq, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
Your use of this site indicates that you accept its Terms of Service.