Privacy Policy
  Copyright

Index      FAQ       Member List       Report Abuse        Guidelines    

Topic: DADT Defeat

Reply to topic   Post new topic
JayJay  

Interests: gay history

Posted: 10 Dec 2010, 9:12 am    Post subject: DADT Defeat Reply with quote

Yesterday, the Senate was unable yet again to break the filibuster against DADT repeal. This is so disgusting. The Republicans are absurd in their opposition to something so obviously right, and something supported by over 70% of the country, but I am mostly angry at the incompetence of President Obama. He simply does not know how to govern effectively. He was outmaneuvered from the very beginning by Secretary of State Gates and has no idea how to advance legislation even with large Democratic majorities. I suggest that the Democrats attach DADT repeal to the tax cut giveaway that Obama negotiated with the Republicans. That at least should make the Republicans struggle between their greed and their bigotry.
Williams  

Interests: I like hanging out with friends, meeting new people, and i love to learn any new thing. I like all animals and in fact I have two Saint Bernards and a Collie/Sheltie mix. I am a 15 year old single Bisexual male and came out of the closet two years ago.
Physical Location: Maine

Posted: 10 Dec 2010, 11:11 am    Post subject: DADT Reply with quote

I am sorry but what does the acronym DADT stand for?[/quote]
Linda  

Interests: Pets, politics, sports, gardening, needlework, mystery novels, cooking
Physical Location: Dearborn, MI

Posted: 10 Dec 2010, 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: DADT Reply with quote

Williams wrote:
I am sorry but what does the acronym DADT stand for?
[/quote]

Hi, Williams.

DADT stands for "Don't Ask, Don't Tell," the policy that prohibits gay and lesbian members of the U. S. armed forces from serving openly. There is an entry on the subject in the Social Sciences department of this site.

As for Jay's suggestion that DADT repeal be attached to tax cuts for the rich, it's an intriguing idea, if one that has no chance of happening. I would love to hear what the Republicans, especially Senator McCain, would have to say in debate (and I use the word loosely) on such a measure.
gennee  

Interests: reading, writing, poetry, transgender issues, gospel, veteran's issues,jazz,education,religion,literature,Native-American and African culture,lighthouses,trails,castles,tractor trailers, playwriting, biograhies, electronics, bass guitar
Physical Location: new york

Posted: 11 Dec 2010, 1:06 pm    Post subject: Disappointing Reply with quote

Very disappointing indeed. We still need to go to the courts. People's lives should NEVER be put up to a vote.

Gennee
Reply to topic   Post new topic    

Page 1 of 1

Discussion Boards by phpBB © 2006 phpBB Group

www.glbtq.com is produced by glbtq, Inc., 1130 West Adams Street, Chicago, IL   60607
glbtq™ and its logo are trademarks of glbtq, Inc.
This site and its contents Copyright © 2002-2006, glbtq, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
Your use of this site indicates that you accept its Terms of Service.