Privacy Policy
  Copyright

Index      FAQ       Member List       Report Abuse        Guidelines    

Topic: Torch Song Trilogy on DVD?

Reply to topic   Post new topic
skraame  

Interests: Literature
Physical Location: Oslo, Norway

Posted: 7 May 2003, 9:59 am    Post subject: Torch Song Trilogy on DVD? Reply with quote

I think I saw this film five times in the cinemaroom but have never seen it since. A pity, because this is to my opinion one of the finest gay films ever. Does anyone know if this film is out on DVD? I have searched around but can't find it.
coolrick  

Physical Location: Dallas, Texas

Posted: 18 Jul 2003, 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: Torch Song Trilogy on DVD? Reply with quote

skraame wrote:
I think I saw this film five times in the cinemaroom but have never seen it since. A pity, because this is to my opinion one of the finest gay films ever. Does anyone know if this film is out on DVD? I have searched around but can't find it.
....................................................Hi, I think you are right: Torch Song Trilogy is not yet out on DVD, but it is readily available in VHS format for $18-20 at your favorite gay movie provider. -Rick.
xtro181  

Interests: GLBTQ Cinema, History, Film, Seperation of Church and State, but not ACLU fanatical: MUSIKA (The Arts). Classical guitar (teach it), Non-hateful religions: looking for one! Part Native American, I respect the Earth Mother.
Physical Location: New Jersey

Posted: 29 May 2004, 1:00 am    Post subject: Re: Torch Song Trilogy on DVD? Reply with quote

Actually... an update!

TORCH SONG TRILOGY has been released on DVD on 5/5/04. There was a lot of buzz around the net about it. First repports were that many were disappointed as to the 4:3 aspect release.

It turns out that this is NOT true (i already have the DVD). The film in in glorious Letterbox format... and it contains a FULL commentary by Harvey, The Man, himself! It is worth the price of a rental just tohear Harvey's comments (if you have already seen the film), but if you haven't even seen the film... well.. IMHO this is one of the finest LGBTQ films ever!

Bob (Xto181) Group Owner/Admin
http://www.studio-46.com/GLBTQ-Cinema/index.htm

The GLBTQ-Cinema Group

Note to moderators: If links are not possible or forbidden, then please edit this message as to your own TOS-Agreements. However, I respectfully ask that you keep the portion re: Torch Song.
Thanks!

coolrick wrote:
skraame wrote:
....................................................Hi, I think you are right: Torch Song Trilogy is not yet out on DVD, but it is readily available in VHS format for $18-20 at your favorite gay movie provider. -Rick.

skraame  

Interests: Literature
Physical Location: Oslo, Norway

Posted: 29 May 2004, 3:22 am    Post subject: Re: Torch Song Trilogy on DVD? Reply with quote

I am SO happy! I am logging on to Amazon this very moment...
xtro181  

Interests: GLBTQ Cinema, History, Film, Seperation of Church and State, but not ACLU fanatical: MUSIKA (The Arts). Classical guitar (teach it), Non-hateful religions: looking for one! Part Native American, I respect the Earth Mother.
Physical Location: New Jersey

Posted: 29 May 2004, 4:43 am    Post subject: Re: Torch Song Trilogy on DVD? Reply with quote

I am happy that you are happy!

Any problems ordering, just post. I am not sure if the DVD has yet gone beyond NTSC format or is availalble in other region encoding besides "Regioj 1". Teh DVD box art is a bit vague, which has lead to all the I-speak about 4:3 resolution, etc. I just read the VD box art and, it remains also silent about a region code.
I hope htat you can finally view this excellent DVD!

Bob

skraame wrote:
I am SO happy! I am logging on to Amazon this very moment...

Reply to topic   Post new topic    

Page 1 of 1

Discussion Boards by phpBB © 2006 phpBB Group

www.glbtq.com is produced by glbtq, Inc., 1130 West Adams Street, Chicago, IL   60607
glbtq™ and its logo are trademarks of glbtq, Inc.
This site and its contents Copyright © 2002-2006, glbtq, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
Your use of this site indicates that you accept its Terms of Service.