Permissions & Licensing
  Terms of Service
  Privacy Policy
  Copyright

Index      FAQ       Member List       Report Abuse        Guidelines    

Topic: I did a study at my school and had a few questions

Reply to topic   Post new topic
Mina  

Posted: 19 Feb 2004, 4:02 pm    Post subject: I did a study at my school and had a few questions Reply with quote

I attend Spokane Community College in WA, and my classmates and I recently did a interview/survey about a new club forming on campus. The club is called GLOBAL, which stands for Gay Lesbian Or Bisexual Alliance Legue, and we got alot oppositon from alot of the people we interviewed about this club wanting funding.
The main reasons were religious reasons, but there were also misunderstandings about what it really means to be different about one's sexuallity. I wasn't exactly sure how to try to explain this to the people I intrviewed, which is why I am posting this message.
I actually support this club because a dear friend of mine, who was gay, died of AIDS recently, and because his parents didn't understand how he could love another man, they would not let his lover of 6 years see him before, during, or after his death.
So, what I would like from you, the person(s) reading this posting, is an e-mail, explaining what it's like to be gay or bisexual so that I can help spread awareness as well as understanding to the people opposed to the lifestyle you live.
If I may quote you in the school news paper, please let me know. I would like to also use your name if that's ok. I will not use anything you send me if you wish it not to be used. Thank you
brit  

Interests: football, shopping, and music
Physical Location: Illinois

Posted: 15 Jun 2004, 5:00 pm    Post subject: Hey. Reply with quote

Hey, Is anyone here from Illinois? Well, please reply if you are.
Reply to topic   Post new topic    

Page 1 of 1

Discussion Boards by phpBB © 2006 phpBB Group

www.glbtq.com is produced by glbtq, Inc., 1130 West Adams Street, Chicago, IL   60607
glbtq™ and its logo are trademarks of glbtq, Inc.
This site and its contents Copyright © 2002-2006, glbtq, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
Your use of this site indicates that you accept its Terms of Service.