Permissions & Licensing
  Terms of Service
  Privacy Policy
  Copyright

Index      FAQ       Member List       Report Abuse        Guidelines    

Topic: GLBTQ blocked????

Reply to topic   Post new topic
1advcte4u  

Interests: i am a 18 year old advocate for GLBTQ youth **Chaque fois que tu ton va, je pretend que tu fais bein!!*** I am also a model. I have modeled for Prada, Tommy H., Gucci, and Narsisco Rodriguez.
Physical Location: Richmond/Louisa Va

Posted: 2 Mar 2004, 6:53 am    Post subject: GLBTQ blocked???? Reply with quote

Hey, i am a senior in high school, and also a gay activist; and i have a question....
All the computers at school have blocks on ANY and ALL GLBTQ websites except for this one... why is that? This is also the case at my old school... i started a gay/str8 alliance at that school as well, and i went to the principal about it and they said that it's a contraversial issue and they didn't want any drama. it sounds to me that it's discrimination... what do you think... let me know of any ideas you have! THANX A LOT!

--*Eric n VA*--
AniFan7  

Interests: Ani Difranco, Guitar, song writing, snowboarding, reading,baseball, wakeboarding, women, drums, school
Physical Location: Reno, NV

Posted: 11 Apr 2004, 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: GLBTQ blocked???? Reply with quote

Eric,
I think that it's great that you started a gay straight alliance at your school. We had one when I was in school, but I was too scared to go to the meetings... Anyway, I think that blocking all of the GLBT websites sounds like discrimination. They are blocking support and information sites from students who might really need them and not have any other access to a computer. You're principle doesn't sound very supportive of GLBT issues either. Maybe you could start a petition, or if your school has an affirmative action officer you could get in touch with him/her and tell them what's going on. If your school doesn't have one, most Universities have them. Find one, and they could tell you if there's anything else you could do. Also, report it to any GLBT groups in your community maybe they could help. That is about all I can think of...I hope it helps.
Good luck.
brit  

Interests: football, shopping, and music
Physical Location: Illinois

Posted: 16 Jun 2004, 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: GLBTQ blocked???? Reply with quote

1advcte4u wrote:
Hey, i am a senior in high school, and also a gay activist; and i have a question....
All the computers at school have blocks on ANY and ALL GLBTQ websites except for this one... why is that? This is also the case at my old school... i started a gay/str8 alliance at that school as well, and i went to the principal about it and they said that it's a contraversial issue and they didn't want any drama. it sounds to me that it's discrimination... what do you think... let me know of any ideas you have! THANX A LOT!

--*Eric n VA*--

Hey Eric,
It does sound like discrimination to me also, but I think that the reason why this site is the only site you can find that you can have access to at school is probably because this website is very informative about the past (History) of GLBTQ people. It holds a lot of information. I'm in high school also, I'm a junior and I know that they do block sites but you should try to find a way around that, such as, ask one of the teachers you really like if you can get on their computer because theirs isn't blocked or you could be bad and sneak into your principal's office because I'm sure his isn't blocked either. Anyways, don't let it get you too upset. Yeah everyone knows that things should be better for GLBTQ people but you have to relax for a minute and enjoy the way you are because there is no better way of life.
p.s. I'm a bisexual and I don't let the computers at school affect me, you shouldn't either.
if you wanna talk or something you can e-mail me. View my profile.
Reply to topic   Post new topic    

Page 1 of 1

Discussion Boards by phpBB © 2006 phpBB Group

www.glbtq.com is produced by glbtq, Inc., 1130 West Adams Street, Chicago, IL   60607
glbtq™ and its logo are trademarks of glbtq, Inc.
This site and its contents Copyright © 2002-2006, glbtq, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
Your use of this site indicates that you accept its Terms of Service.