Privacy Policy
  Copyright

Index      FAQ       Member List       Report Abuse        Guidelines    

Topic: Define UnderAge

Reply to topic   Post new topic
Scuxx  

Interests: travel / books / Polynesia / amnesia / Hawai'i / History / Hollywood

Posted: 17 Aug 2003, 4:09 pm    Post subject: Define UnderAge Reply with quote

The age for sexual consent is on a steep assent - - many states are seriously considering twenty-one as an official 'one for all' defining moment for alcohol-tobacco-sex, and don't act puzzled if the voting age gets bumped up to 21. AMERICA is inscreasingly shrill for a mandated age at which a person can tug on their own privates and other people's privates. Once upon a time several states accepted the idea that when puberty happened, people get the urge and the urge is 'o-k' if a person didn't resort to coercion or force ("or too much alcohol"). Once upon a time twelve to fourteen years of age was acceptable and one can find examples from fifty years back when sixteen & fourteen year olds covered their sexual activity with marriage. Then states began bumping the age for consent to sixteen or eighteen, now prety much every state in the Union is agitating for an age of eighteen while some suggest twenty-one. Even a 'Gay Icon' such as Rosie O'Donnel can say on an interview that her own son shouldn't be touching his pee-pee until eighteeen or (it was squeezed out of Rosie) twenty-one. AMERICA is on a crusade to squash 'fun' as it relates to sex. In an Advertising Age where 'sex sells' everything from baby diapers to hedge clippers, the actual act of sex is under attack. GAY ACTIVISTS raise their fist in solidarity with Mormon & Republican Legislaters demanding 'monogamy laws,' and denounce people for 'promiscuous sex.' AMERICA has increasingly amped up the hostility toward people with multiple partners - - though oddly enough the liquor interests & the churches still encourage drunken one night stands that leave both parties equally confused about what sexual act took place. And in their haste to hail a recent Supreme Court Ruling saying 'o-k to sodomy,' millions have ignored the fact that The (Mainly) Republican Family Defence or Marriage Act is in fact a drive to add a Constitutional Amendment aimed at stopping 'non-reproductive' sex, putting an official kabosh on sex acts that are not aimed at putting another child on an over burdened planet. Sex is under attack on America and the age issue is at the root of the problem.
werechick  

Posted: 20 Aug 2003, 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I like the age of consent laws where they are in most the country: 16. Any younger is really the manipulation of a child, any older glorified babysitting.
Osvaldo  

Interests: gay & latino culture, US LGBT History, Gay Culture in Latin America, LGBTQ US Latino Identity, Gay Latino Literature, LGBT Political Movements, Gay Sociology, and Anthropology
Physical Location: Boston, MA.

Posted: 24 Dec 2003, 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

werechick wrote:
Personally, I like the age of consent laws where they are in most the country: 16. Any younger is really the manipulation of a child, any older glorified babysitting.

But what if the couple (gay, straight or lesbian) are both under 18 and one partner is 16-17 and the other partner is 13-14? Is some states including (Illinois) its against the law. There have been cases in the midwest where a 17 y.o. went to jail because he had sex with a 14 y.o. even with consent of the younger partner. If you tack on sexual orientation (like in one case) then the laws are very subjectional. A seventeen year old gay teen was found guilty in Kansas ( I believe it was) for having oral sex with a fifteen year old with consent, but when the parents found out...they called the police. I wonder, had those parents called the police if it were a seventeen year old girl performing mutual oral sex with their son?

My two cents,

Osvaldo Del Valle, MA.
werechick  

Posted: 25 Dec 2003, 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

13-14 is still too young, no matter the partner's age.

As for that specific case, is that the one where it was the two boys and the elder got like 15 yrs, where if he had been a girl he'd have gotten 16 months? Because that, I agree is totally unfair.
Osvaldo  

Interests: gay & latino culture, US LGBT History, Gay Culture in Latin America, LGBTQ US Latino Identity, Gay Latino Literature, LGBT Political Movements, Gay Sociology, and Anthropology
Physical Location: Boston, MA.

Posted: 25 Dec 2003, 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

werechick wrote:
13-14 is still too young, no matter the partner's age.

As for that specific case, is that the one where it was the two boys and the elder got like 15 yrs, where if he had been a girl he'd have gotten 16 months? Because that, I agree is totally unfair.

Yes, that is the case that I refer to.
Reply to topic   Post new topic    

Page 1 of 1

Discussion Boards by phpBB © 2006 phpBB Group

www.glbtq.com is produced by glbtq, Inc., 1130 West Adams Street, Chicago, IL   60607
glbtq™ and its logo are trademarks of glbtq, Inc.
This site and its contents Copyright © 2002-2006, glbtq, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
Your use of this site indicates that you accept its Terms of Service.