Privacy Policy
  Copyright

Index      FAQ       Member List       Report Abuse        Guidelines    

Topic: Gay marriages

Reply to topic   Post new topic
Lorina  

Physical Location: Wisconsin

Posted: 29 Jan 2004, 8:24 am    Post subject: Gay marriages Reply with quote

I dont understand why people cant just let us live our lives and let us be who we want to be. It makes no sense cause we are already I would like to just be able to pay one insurance carrier and not have to pay for things twice and be able to just be in charge of what happens to my significant other if something were to happen to her.
prposnlif  

Posted: 2 Feb 2004, 5:37 pm    Post subject: gay marriages Reply with quote

Why can't people live their lives? Why can't we live our lives??? Action is action. We love like everyone else does. Why are people so picky?? Most people try why all of a sudden is everyone freaking out. Leave us alone and let us live our lives. I love my lover just as much as my friends love their boyfriends and girlfriends. It is all the same thing.
anony  

Posted: 2 Feb 2004, 10:58 pm    Post subject: Re: gay marriages Reply with quote

prposnlif wrote:
Why can't people live their lives? Why can't we live our lives??? Action is action. We love like everyone else does. Why are people so picky?? Most people try why all of a sudden is everyone freaking out. Leave us alone and let us live our lives. I love my lover just as much as my friends love their boyfriends and girlfriends. It is all the same thing.

I am of a certain age, and have shared 22 years of my life with my partner. I don't just want to be left alone, I want our relationship respected. I want to know that when my partner dies (or I do), neither of us will lose our house. My partner and I have gone through hoops (and spent $$$ on lawyers) just to make sure that when one of us is in the hospital, unconscious, Alzheimer's-stricken, or otherwise out of control of his faculties, the other can speak for him.

I don't care if you call it a marriage, a domestic partnership, a civil union, or a contract betwixt the first party and the second. I just want to know that when one of us is in trouble, the other can help. I want to know that what we have worked for together financially won't be lost to the other when one of us stops breathing. We love each other as much as two people can, and it's unjust to treat us differently than anyone else.

Some people say that gay marriage disparages people who don't choose to marry, and I think they might be right. How 'bout if we just advocate for the right for those of us who choose to have a committed relationship to get the same rights and responsibilities as those who happen to wish the same but are of different genders?

Still, lots of our friends (also of a certain age) are single by choice, and it would be bigoted and senseless to say that singleness is somehow less desirable than couplehood. All depends on what you're made of, and neither is better than the other.
wik  

Interests: History, the Web
Physical Location: Chicago

Posted: 12 Feb 2004, 12:04 pm    Post subject: Same-Sex Marriage Action Alerts and Resources Reply with quote

As Congress contemplates embedding anti-GLBT prejudice in the U. S. Constitution, activist organizations are making it easy for Americans to let their congressional representatives know that they are opposed to constitutionally sanctioned discrimination.

Human Rights Campaign will send a protest e-mail to your representative even if you don't who who your Member of Congress is:

http://www.hrcactioncenter.org/campaign/fma_oppose_dec#

People for the American Way asks you to sign its petition:

http://www.pfaw.org/pfaw/general/

National Gay and Lesbian Task force has a number of free publications on same-sex marriage at:

http://www.ngltf.org/marriagecenter/index.cfm

Wik
rye  

Physical Location: fort lauderdale

Posted: 5 Jun 2006, 10:32 pm    Post subject: Re: gay marriages Reply with quote

prposnlif wrote:

Your right, it not fair and im not sure why people do these things, i think some people resct to this maybe because they have a fear of change or what has happened to some of us for being gay as they say, i don't even think there shoulf be a name for it.
I am not gay, nor curious i emensly enjoy the a man, my man i should say.( ha-ha )
But i don't agree with all these anti-gay things that are going on, as i wrote in a report i am writing now for class, i think that the only difference in gay or not relationships is what they do in their bedrooms and this is of no business to anyone, not even our beloved president.
Furthermore, marriage should be a union of 2 people who love each other without looking at their faces (or whats between their legs)
I am scared for kids to be gay, but not because of what they'll do but because of what society does to them. IT NOT FAIR!!!
Reply to topic   Post new topic    

Page 1 of 1

Discussion Boards by phpBB © 2006 phpBB Group

www.glbtq.com is produced by glbtq, Inc., 1130 West Adams Street, Chicago, IL   60607
glbtq™ and its logo are trademarks of glbtq, Inc.
This site and its contents Copyright © 2002-2006, glbtq, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
Your use of this site indicates that you accept its Terms of Service.