Not a Member Yet? 

JOIN TODAY. IT'S FREE!

Advertising Opportunities
  Permissions & Licensing
  Terms of Service
  Privacy Policy
  Copyright

Index      FAQ       Member List       Report Abuse        Guidelines    

Topic: Most Puerto Rico officials are anti-gay. What can gays do?

Reply to topic   Post new topic
Robert Mc  

Interests: Politics, gay issues, human rights, classical and ethnic music and art, alcoholism and drug addiction recovery, health and fitness, spirituality... We need support to fight homophobia by a hardcore of religious and political leaders who managed to con
Physical Location: Metro San Juan, Puerto Rico

Posted: 15 May 2004, 6:54 am    Post subject: Most Puerto Rico officials are anti-gay. What can gays do? Reply with quote

Are you aware that New Progressive Party Senator Miriam Ramírez of the Puerto Rico Senate wants the Puerto Rico Commonwealth government's Tourism Company not to advertise to the gay tourists market? I and my gay friends, who live here in Puerto Rico, are outraged and would like to bring this to the attention of the gay media and travel agencies and all concerned glbtq members and friends in the United States. I wrote the following for Readers' Viewpoint of THE SAN JUAN STAR. I hope it will get published. Also, see on the internet www.woso.com Radio Station WOSO Speakout Online forum posting about this topic. .... Also, click on www.GoToPuertoRico.com and see subsection Alternative Lifestyles Senator Ramírez wants any referenence to gays to vistit Puerto Rico to be removed. She does not want gays visiting Puerto Rico "to make it another Sodom and Gomorrah .... We need support to stop this anti-gay mindset in Puerto Rico from other glbtq living in Puerto Rico, the fifty states and worldwide...

THE SAN JUAN STAR reported an anti-gay behavior by a government official here in Puerto Rico which should be of the utmost concern to the gay community in and outside of Puerto Rico. This news report had this headline: "Marketing to gay community heightens ire of legislator." -- The NPP Senator Miriam Ramírez of the Puerto Rico Senate does not want the government to target the lucrative gay market in Tourism Company advertising. Does she dislike gay people? Does she consider gay visitors undesirables? Why her prejudice? She should explain in detail as to why the gay market should not be targeted as any other key market? Efficient, effective advertising requires appealing to key targets. [ See STAR, May 12, 2004 -- page 38 and the Spanish-language EL STAR, May 12, 2004 -- page 38. ]

Senator Miriam Ramírez's friend, President George W. Bush, said: "They don't want us there!" when protest drove the U.S. Navy off the island of PR's Vieques. Should we conclude after reading this news report that this New Progressive Party and Republican Puerto Rican senator does not want 'turístico gay" visitors here including all their extended family and friends? Is it time for all gays and lesbians, their extended family members and friends to write to the White House and the U.S. Congress that they don't want their hard earned gay taxed money to be distributed to Puerto Rico in federally funded programs for the island? Or does Ramírez believe "gay" money is okay to enter Puerto Rico but not gay people?

Furthermore, could offended and angry mainland gays and lesbians generate sufficient support among American taxpayers and voters living in the states to deny Puerto Rico statehood until it demonstrates that it does believe and practices human rights for all its citizens including gays and other minorities? Does the NPP or the PDP party platforms have the same kind of pro-gay platform as the National Democratic Party? If not, why not? Which is more important to a gay resident of Puerto Rico: human rights or statehood?

It would do well for Miriam Ramírez and any other anti-gay bigots in the local political parties, to do research on the City of Denver and its local company Coors Brewery. At one time many years ago, officials for the City of Denver and the Coors brewery company were outspokenly anti-gay... definitely gay unfriendly. Finally, there was a national and worldwide boycott by gays and lesbians, their extended family members and friends. -- You'd be surprise how many non-bigot citizens of the United States are "sympatico" towards human rights for gays and lesbians. It runs into the millions. -- Well, the good news is that Denver and Coors finally got the message. It works every time when a bigot is hit in the pocket book!

Today, Denver is much more gay friendly. Coors Beer is one of the most popular beers sold in gay establishments nationwide and in Puerto Rico. Coors is now a highly responsible corporate citizen. Coors has been for years promoting human rights for gays, lesbians and other sexual orientations. One of the best kept secrets in the Bush Administration is that one of the daughters of Vice President Dick Cheney is an admitted lesbian who has headed up this program at Coors supporting human rights for gays and lesbians. If only her father and associates in Washington could be as spiritual as his daughter!

Former Governor of Puerto Rico Pedro Roselló, when he testified before Senators' Warner and Inhofe Republican controlled Arms Services Committee, warned: "Not one more bomb! Don't push it." Is it time for NPP candidate for governor, Pedro Rosselló, to take bigot Miriam to the woodshed and warn her: "Don't push it!"

[/b]
Coqui  

Posted: 15 May 2004, 5:42 pm    Post subject: Puerto Rico ...The Land of Maconda Reply with quote

We have reach the pinnacle, the epi-center, the jackpot of Maconda!!! The latest Mel Brooks production of the Senate and House of Representatives from that domed building in Puerta de Tierra

The Tourism Department is being investigated on why the Gays/Lesbians of the World are being invited by the Puerto Rican Tourism Department to visit Puerto Rico.... they only command l5% of the entire Travel and Leisure Market at only a mere 67 Billion dollars spent last year.

Senator Miriam Ramirez (PNP Mayaguez) is questioning the policy & wisdom of the Department of Tourism in extending invitations to this GayLesbian Community. Her wonderful comments were: "we have enough problems with crime and corruption and we don`t need this additional problem on our precious shores".

Wait!!! There`s more....another Clown introduces a ban on smoking outside bldgs, in cars with childern, at your home if there are childern or elderlys presence, and several more and the options are limited to the Puente Moscoso Toll Bridge or on the freaking Moon.

i can`t wait until somebody introduces a law banning drinking alcoholic beverages in Puerto Rico and see how long this guy lasts in his employment.

Now, these are the Guys/Gals that get over $80,000 in salaries, $30,000 in per diems, chaffeured cars and tax exempt income and a pension while playing tennis.

Maconda is nothing compare to this Island.......
Coqui  

Posted: 15 May 2004, 6:00 pm    Post subject: The PNP Party Is Bad News for Puerto Rico Reply with quote

The PNP is now known as the Present Nazi Party of Puerto Rico.........Now think about it!!! How long has the Closing Law been on the books in Puerto Rico and who is behind it??? (l973) Who are the "Religious Leaders" and others who can promise the Elections to One Party or the Other on the Labor Day Weekend Annual Events since l978???

Do you honestly think that Bob McCarroll or the Gay/Lesbian Movement in Puerto Rico can counter with the Rahkes, Fonts, Font Saldana, Miriam Ramirez, Pesquera and others of this Pro Nazi Party in Puerto Rico???

It's Votes and the Voters Blocs and this Closing law is nothing but a Gimmie Break to the Churches, the Religious Leaders and Fanatics and not to have competition on Sunday With NOBODY!!!

How many Politicians have tried fruitlessly to change the Closing Law with these Bigots controlling the Elections??? It's not the Economy or the Votes but a Monopoly of Religion in Puerto Rico that is more powerful than anyone in Fortaleza.

They dictate the terms of the Sex Marriages, what is good for the Men and Only the Men in Puerto Rico and the Women and Gay/Lesbians and other Minorities such as the Cubans, Dominicans and the North Americans are thrown back into the l8th century of the stone ages.

Puerto Rico is the right wing Bible Belt of the Republican Party in the Caribbean...No Same Sex Marriages, No Opening Policy on Stores and Competition on Sundays, Tax Breaks Until Hell Freezes Over and I could go on and on for the next three days how Politicians Cater to the Religious Fanatics of this Island.

Puerto Rico is the Palestine of the Caribbean......Even our Lady Governor has set back Woman's Rights and Programs back into the Twilight Zone with herAdministration of Macho Crazed Bigots who are running this country into the ground.

We have already have 315 Murders on the Island and we will certainly reach the magical 1000 Number again as in l998. Puerto Rico is No Man's Land and even worse for the Gays/Lesbians and other Minorities living on this Island.
Robert Mc  

Interests: Politics, gay issues, human rights, classical and ethnic music and art, alcoholism and drug addiction recovery, health and fitness, spirituality... We need support to fight homophobia by a hardcore of religious and political leaders who managed to con

Posted: 15 May 2004, 6:33 pm    Post subject: Treatment of gays in Puerto Rico by political leaders? Reply with quote

How anti-Gay is Puerto Rico's New Progressive Party? What can be done about it?

I and my gay friends are angry and hurt by our latest political idol falling. First George W. Bush with his anti-gay marriage amendment fell. Now Puerto Rico Senator Miriam Ramirez has fallen because of her stupid remarks against marketing to the gay community. How I admired this woman until today. Why do we allow these bigots in power to keep crapping on the gay community in Puerto Rico? Is it time to send back a message that enough is enough?

A SAN JUAN STAR (May 12, 2004 --page 38) news report, "Marketing to gay community heightens ire of legislator," states that "... Senator Miriam Ramírez, NPP-at large, controversy was brewing over the mere idea that the Tourism Company's Web site addresses the niche market ... the legislator sent a letter to Gov. Calderón requesting to remove the 'invitation to gays to visit Puerto Rico' from the agency's Web site..." This anti-gay, NPP bigot went on to tell the EFE news service: "It's sad that we have to suffer the consequences of what this means for tourism." Ramírez also wants removed the following sales message to appeal to gay tourists: "...Puerto Rico has a diversified product directed to satisfy many segments of the market, including the gay market..."

I urge all Human Rights leaders on this island, in all fifty states and worldwide to give a immediate and strong reply to Miriam Ramírez and her ilk. --- I might also add that Miriam Ramírez is a Republican and a strong George W. Bush supporter. -- Earlier this year, the gay community on this island had to be subjected to Carlos Pesquera, Jorge Santini and other NPP statehooders appearing more than once with anti-gay religious zealots on the steps of the Puerto Rico Capitol. These NPP politicians participated in the judging and denouncing all gay people as corrupt and evil.

Many friends of mine wonder why I hve been so pro-NPP. They tell me that statehood is a lost possibility in Puerto Rico because Puerto Rico's political culture is still back in the time of King Philip of Spain and his Inquistion. They tell me that what is far more important is that political and religious leaders in Puerto Rico are not enemies of Human Rights for gays and lesbians as well as for any other diversity. I have heard stories of how many NPP leaders had made slurs and insulting remarks in private about gay people. I am told that there are far less anti-gay bigots in the Popular Democratic Party than in the New Progressive Party. What is more important to me as a voter choosing the fantasy of statehood or choosing the reality of human rights for all the people regardless of their sexual orientation or any other differences? What party is less gay and more gay of the three local political parties?

I plead with the leaders of our gay community on and off the "Enchanted Island" of Puerto Rico to do something. Enough is enough! It's time to end the anti-gay crap by the political bigots and religious zealots who now have the power in Puerto Rico.

New Progressive Party (NPP -- PNP in Spanish --- blue flag) for statehood tailore to Puerto Rico without being identical to the fifty states. Wants statehood version to protect the Puerto Rican culture and keep Spanish as the state's language.

Popular Democratic Party (PDP) --- red flag -- for status quo of Commonwealth which is a colonial status wanting all the benefits of the states and none of the responsibitiies. Know as the "free gravy train" option.

Puerto Rico Independence Party (PIP) --- green flag.... separation from the United States. Some PIP members want to be an independent republic with American citizenship and benefits...
Linda  

Interests: Pets, politics, sports, gardening, needlework, mystery novels, cooking
Physical Location: Dearborn, MI

Posted: 16 May 2004, 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: Treatment of gays in Puerto Rico by political leaders? Reply with quote

Robert Mc wrote:
How anti-Gay is Puerto Rico's New Progressive Party? What can be done about it?

I and my gay friends are angry and hurt by our latest political idol falling. First George W. Bush with his anti-gay marriage amendment fell. Now Puerto Rico Senator Miriam Ramirez has fallen because of her stupid remarks against marketing to the gay community. How I admired this woman until today. Why do we allow these bigots in power to keep crapping on the gay community in Puerto Rico? Is it time to send back a message that enough is enough?

A SAN JUAN STAR (May 12, 2004 --page 38) news report, "Marketing to gay community heightens ire of legislator," states that "... Senator Miriam Ramírez, NPP-at large, controversy was brewing over the mere idea that the Tourism Company's Web site addresses the niche market ... the legislator sent a letter to Gov. Calderón requesting to remove the 'invitation to gays to visit Puerto Rico' from the agency's Web site..." This anti-gay, NPP bigot went on to tell the EFE news service: "It's sad that we have to suffer the consequences of what this means for tourism." Ramírez also wants removed the following sales message to appeal to gay tourists: "...Puerto Rico has a diversified product directed to satisfy many segments of the market, including the gay market..."

I urge all Human Rights leaders on this island, in all fifty states and worldwide to give a immediate and strong reply to Miriam Ramírez and her ilk. --- I might also add that Miriam Ramírez is a Republican and a strong George W. Bush supporter. -- Earlier this year, the gay community on this island had to be subjected to Carlos Pesquera, Jorge Santini and other NPP statehooders appearing more than once with anti-gay religious zealots on the steps of the Puerto Rico Capitol. These NPP politicians participated in the judging and denouncing all gay people as corrupt and evil.

Many friends of mine wonder why I hve been so pro-NPP. They tell me that statehood is a lost possibility in Puerto Rico because Puerto Rico's political culture is still back in the time of King Philip of Spain and his Inquistion. They tell me that what is far more important is that political and religious leaders in Puerto Rico are not enemies of Human Rights for gays and lesbians as well as for any other diversity. I have heard stories of how many NPP leaders had made slurs and insulting remarks in private about gay people. I am told that there are far less anti-gay bigots in the Popular Democratic Party than in the New Progressive Party. What is more important to me as a voter choosing the fantasy of statehood or choosing the reality of human rights for all the people regardless of their sexual orientation or any other differences? What party is less gay and more gay of the three local political parties?

I plead with the leaders of our gay community on and off the "Enchanted Island" of Puerto Rico to do something. Enough is enough! It's time to end the anti-gay crap by the political bigots and religious zealots who now have the power in Puerto Rico.

New Progressive Party (NPP -- PNP in Spanish --- blue flag) for statehood tailore to Puerto Rico without being identical to the fifty states. Wants statehood version to protect the Puerto Rican culture and keep Spanish as the state's language.

Popular Democratic Party (PDP) --- red flag -- for status quo of Commonwealth which is a colonial status wanting all the benefits of the states and none of the responsibitiies. Know as the "free gravy train" option.

Puerto Rico Independence Party (PIP) --- green flag.... separation from the United States. Some PIP members want to be an independent republic with American citizenship and benefits...

Dear Robert,

Do you know of any way to access the *San Juan Star* on-line? The newspaper's website does not seem to have an archive section.

I tried the archive section of the *Puerto Rico Herald* but could find no reference to the remarks of Miriam Ramirez (PR vice-chair of Bush's campaign) regarding the issue of gay tourism.

Any suggestions that you have for directing me to news sources in either English or Spanish would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Linda
Robert Mc  

Posted: 16 May 2004, 7:35 pm    Post subject: Note to Linda.... and latest update Reply with quote

Linda:

Send me an email to bobinpr@coqui.net and I will send you the addresses of the STAR's contacts, the newspaper clippings with the story, etc.

For the website with the Puerto Rico Tourism Company .... see below in my update...

----- Original Message -----
To: info@mark8ing.com ; iglta@iglta.org ; hrc@hrc.org
Cc: Robert McCarroll ; Mark Lauer
Sent: Sunday, May 16, 2004 9:16 PM
Subject: Fw: It's time to throw the corrupt anti-gay bigots out of office... Updated

----- Original Message -----
To: John Marino Mgr. Editor STAR ; Readers' Viewpoint Editors
Cc: Speak Out Radio WOSO ; Editor Puerto Rico Herald ; Bruce Steele Editor ADVOCATE ; Pedro Julio Serrano ; Por Puerto Rico ; Ray Quintanilla ; Robert McCarroll ; Tom Koontz Editor PR Breeze
Sent: Sunday, May 16, 2004 9:40 AM
Subject: It's time to throw the corrupt bigots out of office...

The New Progressive Party Senator Ramírez wants to have this subsection from the official Commonwealth Tourism Company website www.GoToPuertoRico.com removed:

" ... ALTERNATIVE LIFESTYLE ... Puerto Rico has a diversified product directed to satisfy many segments of the market, including the gay market. Many guesthouses in the tourist zones of Isla Verde, Ocean Park and Condado cater specifically, though not exclusively, to gay and lesbian couples.

Although some businesses do specifically serve the gay and lesbian community, you will find hospitality in all places. Regardless of where you are, feel free to approach residents and talk to them at the beach, at a disco or wherever you may be, and ask for directions and assistance, they will be pleased to assist you ..."

THE SAN JUAN STAR had a story on this outrage against gay and lesbian people headlined: "Marketing to gay community heightens ire of legislator." (STAR, May 12, 2004, page 38. Also in Spanish in EL STAR - same date and page). It was not mentioned in the STAR's coverage, but I have been told that it is reported in other media that anti-gay Senator Miriam Ramírez said that she does not want the Commonwealth Tourism Company advertising to the gay market "to make Puerto Rico another Sodom and Gomorrah." Most of my gay friends could not believe that a statehooder could be so anti-gay, unfair ....AND STUPID!

Ramírez's anti-gay remarks could result in an angry backlash from those who believe in human rights for all minorities including gays. Many of my friends and gay contacts said that they do not understand why other members of the NPP leadership have not spoken out against Ramírez anti-gay comments and try to make the case that the NPP is not anti-gay. Do these other NPP leaders feel that gays are so unimportant in Puerto Rico that damage control is not necessary?

Many former strong New Progressive Party supporters told me that now they will vote against any NPP member on the ticket in the coming general election as part of a protest from the gay community. Does the leadership of the New Progressive Party believe that the votes of the religious zealots and political bigots are more important than defending Human Rights?

We as voters need to ask ourselves as hundred-percent believers in the principles of American Democracy whether we want these unprincipled Puerto Rican bigot officials to be governing any possible 51st State. A political party that does not have a one-hundred percent commitment to Human Rights is as corrupt as many of its members who have already stolen million of dollars of federal funds.

Which one of the following two choices would you support in the coming election in November 2004?

( a ) A party that is super efficient in getting projects completed, but has a continuing history of widespread corruption and is known to have leaders who are against human rights for all the people including gays and lesbians.

( b ) A party that strongly believes in human rights for all and has little evidence of being corrupt, but has a track record for not completing a great many major projects.

If you decide "none of the above," you may want to give serious consideration to the new third party: "Puerto Ricans for Puerto Rico" ("Por Puerto Rico") headed by a highly principled and intelligent leader, Roegilio Figueroa. This party claims it is not interested in wasting time on any political status for Puerto Rico. It's primary purpose is to legislate basic "bread and butter" programs for all the people and to assure human rights for all the people. Another candidate to consider is Angel Quintero, who has no party affiliation, running for a seat from San Juan in the Puerto Rico House of Representatives.

There has never been a more urgent time in the history of Puerto Rico general elections to throw the corrupt bums out of office!

Robert McCarroll -- Carolina -- 787-253-0388 -- bobinpr@coqui.net

The following was not included in the orginal mailing of this email. It has been added for this mailing to gay human rights groups....

The Puerto Rico statehooders do not want the exact kind of statehood enjoyed by the current fifty states. They want a state that is "Catholic (or Christian)" with complete disregard for the Separation of Church and State. They want a state that is against Dominicans and any other non-Puerto Ricans. They want a state that is anti-gay and against any other diversity. They want Puerto Rican citizens all cut from the exact same cookie cutter marching to the goose steps of the religious zealots and political bigots.

Imagine Senator Mariam Ramírez of the Puerto Rico Senate does not want gays to vistit Puerto Rico because it will cause another "Sodom and Gomorrah" on this disenchanted island that has a child abused every five minutes, three out of five children born out wedlock, the hightest murder rate under the American flag, sixty percent -- most likely much higher of --the population on public assistance, a culture of government officials involved in widespread corruption big time, the highest abuse of women by men, an enormous large segment of the population addicted to hard drugs and alcohol, the largest number of church goers who are hypocrites and do not practice what they preach, the highest dropout rate among elementary and high school students, a general population of acute and chronic law breakers, etc., etc., etc.

John Marino, Managing Editor of THE SAN JUAN STAR -- jmarino@sanjuanstarmedia.net

Readers' Viewpoint Editors -- viewpoint@sanjuanstarmedia.net

Ray Quintanilla -- Orlando Sentinel San Juan Bureau -- RQuintanilla@OrlandoSentinel.com

Pedro Julio Serrano -- President of Human Rights (Gay Group) pedrojulioserrano@yahoo.com

I cannot send Linda the STAR clipping because it cannot be copy and pasted or attached to this forum posting...
Robert Mc  

Posted: 17 May 2004, 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to correct an error in an earlier posting on this forum ...

I stated that a child is abused every five minutes in Puerto Rico. I want to correct my error. It is every nine minutes that a child is abuse (sometimes even murdered by a parent or a parent's lover) in Puerto Rico.

A federal report stated that Puerto Rico is the juridiction with the worse services for abused children. Every nine minutes, a child is abused on the island. The federal report is based on statistics gathered by a survey from the General Accounting Office of Congress delivered to all states and jurisdictions. Puerto Rico's politicians just do not care enough about Puerto Rican children to file a report to assure federal funding, as was done by every one of the 50 states and other territories. There are many other survey and case histories of the Puerto Rican politicians abusing the least fortunate in federally funded programs.

AND PR SENATOR MIRIAM RAMIREZ IS CONCERNED THAT GAY VISTIORS TO THE ISLAND WILL TURN PUERTO RICO INTO ANOTHER "SODOM AND GOMORRAH"! GIVE US A BREAK! UNCARING ANTI-GAY GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS REFUSE TO FACE UP TO THE REALITY THAT IN MANY WAYS PUERTO RICO IS WORSE OFF THEN "SODOM AND GOMORRAH." AS STATED IN AN EARLIER POSTING, MUCH OF OF PUERTO RICO'S YOUTH ARE STONED. THE GOVERNMENT DOES NOT EVEN HAVE SUFFICIENT AND EFFECTIVE DRUG TREATMENT PROGRAMS. THE TRUTH WILL SET PUERTO RICO FREE... AND ITS GAY COMMUNITY!!!!! These officials claim that there is not enough funds... but these same officials are the highest paid under the American flag with endless perks and pork barrels.
Robert Mc  

Posted: 18 May 2004, 8:42 pm    Post subject: New Inspector General of Hetrosexuality and Non-Diversity Reply with quote

The anti-gay senator, who fears gay tourists will turn Puerto Rico into another Sodom and Gomorrah, will resign her seat in the Puerto Rico Senate. She will assume her new position as Inspector General of Hetrosexuality and Non-Diversity. The symbol of her office will be a cookie cutter that assures that all new born males and females will all be of only one sexual orientation. Men will not be able to wear rainbow or pastel colors. Women will not be able to wear pants or shorts. A designer for a new woman style of clothing has been selected from the taliban.

No one, especially males, will be allowed to wear the color pink or purple, especially the lavender shade. All automobiles will be macho brown, gray, blue or black. Purple cars, such as driven by a known non-conformist from Carolina, will be outlawed and confiscated to be used for suicide bombings of diversity gatherings.

There will be a crew of non-diversity security officers at all airports and shipping piers to not allow anyone to enter Puerto Rico who has a funny walk or a weak wrist. All paintings, sculptures, music, novels, designer clothing, interior designs, etc. created by past, present and future gay men and lesbians will be burned as in Hitler`s Germany.

The new Inspector General of Heterosexuality and Non-Diversity had composed a new national song for Puerto Rico called `Puerto Rico uber alles.` The current macho walk will gradually evolved into a more macho goose stepping to make certain there are no mincy pato stepping. The new song is perfect for goose stepping.

The ex-senator will be the ultimate judge on sexuality and conformity for Puerto Rico. She worked closely with the political bigots and religious zealots in developing a new program for non-diversity along the lines of Hitler`s youth movement.

No Puerto Rican male will be allowed to wear curly long hair or wear girly ear rings. Women will not be allowed to have butch short hair or wear manly jewelry. There will be training to make sure that all Puerto Ricans will walk super macho and know how to grab their crotch every few minutes to demonstrate that they are really heterosexual males. Women will bow constantly to macho men to assure them that women serve the superior man.

The Inspector General of Heterosexuality and Non-Diversity has determined that all the famous men on American paper money are heterosexual males. Therefore, her new order welcomes all heterosexual American paper money to be sent to Puerto Rico by the shipper known as big macho brown.

There will be no separation of church and state in Puerto Rico. Human rights will be given the lowest priority. Conformity according to the rigid, narrow-minded few instead of the majority will be the rule of the land.

Onward with the new non-diversity order!!!!! Don`t be different. Conform. Seig Heil!!!

Coqui  

Posted: 20 May 2004, 3:03 pm    Post subject: The Anti Gays/Lesbians in Puerto Rico Reply with quote

I think sometime, this McCarroll guy goes overboard in making a point. The speak out forum in Puerto Rico on www. woso.com have very little participation by the listeners on the radio station. It's limited to only 8 to 10 regulars and once in a full moon, you will get a new viewpoint posted.

The biggest problem in Puerto Rico is that EVERBODY has their head in the sand a midst the garbage and litter and beer cans and used diapers thrown on the beaches. Imagine,. the beaches of Acupulco, the French Riverie, Hawii and other tourist destiinations having littered beaches and perverts roaming the areas at all times of the day.

There are no existing life guards. no policy of litter and garbage enforcement and the public demands access to all the beaches as heirs to the throne. Only the Hotel Beach areas can be counted upon in having acceptacle cleaned beaches with their employees and maintenance personnel doing the job of the government.

This pathetic attitude of Puerto Ricans go into every segment of society.....from ruthless driving habits, to impatience in lines, to public profanity in front of women and childern, to drunkenness on public streets and corners at all hours of the day

This is the norm of the day. The entire Puerto Rican society are a bunch of renegades cast into a island of social problems and ills that will have more pages than " War & Peace".

The Gays/Lesbians in Puerto Rico are confronted in a daily warfare of harrassment, unacceptance, cruel and vile jokes, and sometimes I wonder on their sanity for being here in the lst place. I admire their courage and fortitude but their choice of living in Puerto Rico is suicidal and just plain stupid.

Puerto Rico will not change as the politicians such as Senator Ramirez of a Statehood Party is the common denominator in Puerto Rican atttitudes towards Gays and Lesbians. The Religious groups of the powerful and the famous will outlaw miracles in the acceptance of Gays/Lesbians in Puerto Rico. The true Nazi Party in Puerto Rico is the PNP Party.
Reply to topic   Post new topic    

Page 1 of 1

Discussion Boards by phpBB © 2006 phpBB Group

www.glbtq.com is produced by glbtq, Inc., 1130 West Adams Street, Chicago, IL   60607
glbtq™ and its logo are trademarks of glbtq, Inc.
This site and its contents Copyright © 2002-2006, glbtq, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
Your use of this site indicates that you accept its Terms of Service.