Privacy Policy
  Copyright

Index      FAQ       Member List       Report Abuse        Guidelines    

Topic: Gay men with economic, political and religious power

Reply to topic   Post new topic
skraame  

Interests: Literature
Physical Location: Oslo, Norway

Posted: 14 Jul 2004, 4:48 am    Post subject: Gay men with economic, political and religious power Reply with quote

Maybe you can help us with our new documentary project?

The Norwegian filmmaker Kenneth Elvebakk and I are planning a documentary about gay men in powerful positions. They need to be fairly open about their homosexuality because we want to interview them. (This is not a film about outing.) Even though they both can be powerful and fabulous and have lots of things to tell, this time don't want to interview gay men that we always hear about - like actors, singers, other artists or gay activists

We want to make a documentary about people like Bishop Jeffery John in Reading, Bishop Gene Robinson in New Hampshire, Ted Nebbeling from Canada or Norwegian Finance Minister Per-Kristian Foss.

Do you know about people in your country that could fit our film? Remember: They must be open about it since we will contact them and present the project.

Behind this project you find two Norwegians: Kenneth Elvebakk, Director and
Børge Skråmestø, Writer.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Best regard,
Børge
Trotsky  

Interests: I like people who make sense and I like to make sense of people, in a world that sometimes makes little sense.
Physical Location: Amsterdam

Posted: 14 Jul 2004, 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harry Trotsky from the Netherlands,

Gay men in power (and what about lesbians?)?

Herman Tjeenk Willink (I think, it's late), chairman of the council of state, former chairman of the upper chamber of parliament, personal friend of the queen. He's been interviewed before, but keeps it private.
Boris Dittrich, leader of the parliamentary party of the D66, a small party, has been in government for the last three coalitions. Occasionally attends gay rights events.
Annelies ............ chairwoman of the Amsterdam central borough council.
........... Schmidt, former minister of justice, friend of Ien Dales, former minister of the interior (now dead)
There are several others in politics, in business and in the NGO circles; but most don't speak out on behalf of gay rights. They tend to keep quiet, not wanting to damage their career.
Reply to topic   Post new topic    

Page 1 of 1

Discussion Boards by phpBB © 2006 phpBB Group

www.glbtq.com is produced by glbtq, Inc., 1130 West Adams Street, Chicago, IL   60607
glbtq™ and its logo are trademarks of glbtq, Inc.
This site and its contents Copyright © 2002-2006, glbtq, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
Your use of this site indicates that you accept its Terms of Service.