Terms of Service
  Privacy Policy
  Copyright

Index      FAQ       Member List       Report Abuse        Guidelines    

Topic: Gay, Inc. instead of married

Reply to topic   Post new topic
bdhanna  

Physical Location: Minnesota

Posted: 13 Nov 2004, 6:15 pm    Post subject: Gay, Inc. instead of married Reply with quote

How about Mr. Jeremy Jones and Mr. Bret Smith, Inc.? Or Sally Jones and Sarah Smith, Inc.?

What do you think about the idea of using the current laws to form personal corporations between gay partners, instead of frightening the straights by trying to change the definition of marriage?

Think about it. A corporation could own joint property, and might solve some of the problems with inheritance, wills, and other laws that discriminate against gays.

Is there a lawyer in the house? Do you know a gay lawyer versed in marriage and or corporate law? Could a corporation be used in this way?

What a kick if the right-wing had to try to limit the power of corporations because gays were using them!!!

What do you think?

Brian
Hi_you  

Posted: 15 Nov 2004, 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its something that gays who don't have the marriage option should do.

Isn't it sad that corporations are treated like people and for people to be treated like people, they have to become corporations?

BTW, a court case in 1886 is credited with giving corporations personhood.

Still, why should straight people who are widowed get to collect their spouses social security benefits while widowed gays don't? This is in spite of the fact that a gay couple paid the same amount into the system.

Does the equal protection clause still exist for ordinary Americans or is it now just to be used to steal elections?
pschuen  

Posted: 8 Apr 2005, 9:54 am    Post subject: power punch to the right Reply with quote

Inc. for GLBTQ would be some wonderful political kung-fu. A Ganhdi-esque civil rights action would do ass-kicking wonders for this country's political life. But I still hope for legal marraige for my daughter some day.
LvlyLdyK  

Interests: General movies, video. I like to cuddle up close to the one that I love and talk about their day and their interests. I like the simple things in life Music I like R&;B, Gospel, Contemporary, Jazz, Dana Owens(Queen Latifah) Kelly Price, Deborah Cox
Physical Location: Minneapolis,MN

Posted: 22 Apr 2006, 10:01 am    Post subject: Gay Inc. instead of Married Reply with quote

]Brian How cool....never thought of anything like that.

I do not know any gay lawyers into corporate law and what-not but I would only rejoice if we as a GLBT community became a corporation and have the rights that everyone else has.

What an interesting topic...thank you for caring to share

LvlyLdyK
raphael  

Interests: gay related topics, sex,fashion,music,cooking swimming and partying.

Posted: 20 Mar 2007, 7:50 am    Post subject: Hey Reply with quote

I think you are very right,It's high time gays start fighting for our rigths to get married to people of our choice and not getting to bend to societal rules at all time.
I think we really need a community like GLBTQ to fight forand with us always.
Cheers.
Mikal  

Interests: Music Writing
Physical Location: Tampa, FL

Posted: 9 Aug 2007, 6:25 pm    Post subject: Glbtq INC. Reply with quote

Not sure about INc...just know I always wanted to get married and the laws are against it...
Reply to topic   Post new topic    

Page 1 of 1

Discussion Boards by phpBB © 2006 phpBB Group

www.glbtq.com is produced by glbtq, Inc., 1130 West Adams Street, Chicago, IL   60607
glbtq™ and its logo are trademarks of glbtq, Inc.
This site and its contents Copyright © 2002-2006, glbtq, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
Your use of this site indicates that you accept its Terms of Service.