Permissions & Licensing
  Terms of Service
  Privacy Policy
  Copyright

Index      FAQ       Member List       Report Abuse        Guidelines    

Topic: am I bisexual or frustrated?

Reply to topic   Post new topic
Ascgrl  

Interests: I love reading and writing poetry. I also love fantasy novels. I like watching cartoons and making crafts.
Physical Location: Atlanta

Posted: 24 Jan 2005, 7:27 pm    Post subject: am I bisexual or frustrated? Reply with quote

Hi, I'm a 20 year old college student. I attend an all woman's college and I was wondering if this might have attributed to my growing attraction to other women. For most of my life I have liked nothing but men, I have appreciated the beauty of women, but not really thought about them sexually. After 3 years here I have had several crushes on girls and I think of them sexually a lot. But at my school we have a term 'LUG" or Lesbian Until Graduation and I am afraid I have become that. I hardly leave the school except to go home so I really am surrounded by women constantly. I have no problem with being bisexual I just want to make sure that it is genuine and not just an after-affect of being around women 24/7. Any Ideas would be helpful. Thanks
fermata18  

Interests: My interests lie in the arts, particularly music. My foundation is in the violin, but I am passionate about nearly every genre that exists. (Country and oldies still have yet to work on me completely, but I'm getting there.)

Posted: 7 Feb 2005, 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: am I bisexual or frustrated? Reply with quote

ASCgrl,

I really identified with your post. Although I never went to an all-female school, I once questioned my sexuality as much as you are right now. My answer to your question is this: only you can know your true sexual identity. This is a matter which takes much soul-searching and cannot be figured out from one isolated incident or feeling.

First, think about your feelings for these girls. Are they emotional, or purely physical? This isn't a surefire way to figure it out, as we all know we can have only physical lust for men as well, but it may help. Secondly, it helps to think back on your life. I can remember having an attraction to women from the time I was a little girl, and it wasn't until the rest of the world told me it wasn't okay that I had to cover it up.

Anyway, I don't have time to post any more. I wish you the best of luck, and I'd like to hear how it goes.
Reply to topic   Post new topic    

Page 1 of 1

Discussion Boards by phpBB © 2006 phpBB Group

www.glbtq.com is produced by glbtq, Inc., 1130 West Adams Street, Chicago, IL   60607
glbtq™ and its logo are trademarks of glbtq, Inc.
This site and its contents Copyright © 2002-2006, glbtq, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
Your use of this site indicates that you accept its Terms of Service.