Terms of Service
  Privacy Policy
  Copyright

Index      FAQ       Member List       Report Abuse        Guidelines    

Topic: London Lesbian History??

Reply to topic   Post new topic
attura  

Physical Location: London, UK

Posted: 12 Nov 2007, 1:13 pm    Post subject: London Lesbian History?? Reply with quote

I Love London Girls Project.

Does anyone have any lesbian london historical visual or literary evidence for a documentary film we are making...

Lesbian London project aimed at giving Londons Lesbian History a voice.

The project began as a series of images that were made into a stylish calendar for 2008, showing a stylised/theatrical view of londons lesbian history. During the shoot photographer Nadia Attura asked film makers Ana Godinho de Matos and Terri Murray to film the lesbian models in costume. Using these images as a series of flashbacks Anabel Unity Sale, Ana Godinho de Matos and Nadia Attura collected Lesbian Oral histories from london's Lesbians. They interviewed, writers, journalists, activists, actors, accademics and other lesbian londoners about their experiances as Lesbians in London. The film interviews women who came out in the 1950's, 1960's, 1970's, 1980's and to the present day. The film traces lesbian history as far back as Elizabethan and even Roman foundations of london!

For more information please visit:

www.ilovelondongirls.com
www.myspace.com/ilovelondongirls

thank you
Kleio  

Interests: history, books, gardening, dogs, film, spirituality, nature, especially of the marine persuasion.
Physical Location: Washington, DC

Posted: 18 Nov 2007, 9:21 pm    Post subject: London Lesbian History? Reply with quote

I am not knowledgeable on this particular subject, but just signed up for the glbtq and note the history discussion group doesn't look very active. Did anyone reply to you?
attura  

Physical Location: London, UK

Posted: 19 Nov 2007, 3:08 am    Post subject: Re: London Lesbian History? Reply with quote

Kleio wrote:
I am not knowledgeable on this particular subject, but just signed up for the glbtq and note the history discussion group doesn't look very active. Did anyone reply to you?

Hi there, no one has replied yet. Challenging to find any documented lesbian history earlier than the time of equal voting rights. No history older than 80 years.
JasonGawk  

Posted: 13 Apr 2008, 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I appreciate the fact that you are researching the topic, and even making a documentary on it. I think it's an undiscovered, curious, and amazing working ground for artists and people interested in queer theory. I'd like to recommend this material for you, I've read it and I think it depicts the historical elements of the subject, plus a lot of intriguing insight.

Jason
Reply to topic   Post new topic    

Page 1 of 1

Discussion Boards by phpBB © 2006 phpBB Group

www.glbtq.com is produced by glbtq, Inc., 1130 West Adams Street, Chicago, IL   60607
glbtq™ and its logo are trademarks of glbtq, Inc.
This site and its contents Copyright © 2002-2006, glbtq, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
Your use of this site indicates that you accept its Terms of Service.