Permissions & Licensing
  Terms of Service
  Privacy Policy
  Copyright

Index      FAQ       Member List       Report Abuse        Guidelines    

Topic: How do you know if you're TG?

Reply to topic   Post new topic
Spiderbat  

Interests: Traveling, science, poetry, movies, the paranormal, music, nature, and the little things that make life interesting.
Physical Location: In a land far far away...

Posted: 6 Jan 2008, 9:41 pm    Post subject: How do you know if you're TG? Reply with quote

I was wondering if there is a definite way of knowing if you are transgendered.

I am not quite sure if I am...I am a biological female, but I certainly don't feel like one. Every time I wear something feminine, it just doesn't feel right. I feel as though I am killing off my soul. Ever since I was very little, I had always secretly desired to be a boy. When I am with the guys and treated as one, I feel like I belong there. (They treat me different than the other girls because I am technically a lesbian.) I don't know if all of this means I am transgendered or if I'm something else. Anyhow, I was just wondering.
gennee  

Interests: reading, writing, poetry, transgender issues, gospel, veteran's issues,jazz,education,religion,literature,Native-American and African culture,lighthouses,trails,castles,tractor trailers, playwriting, biograhies, electronics, bass guitar
Physical Location: new york

Posted: 7 Jan 2008, 4:13 pm    Post subject: Found Out Late in Life Reply with quote

I found out that I was TG nearly three years ago. I never knew it because I never struggled with it through life. However, I always did feel that I was different. I believed that there was some greater purpose that was going to be my destiny.After it was revealed that I am also a crossdresser, I read much about transgender. It is a broad umbrella which includes transsexuals. FTM'S, MTF's, drag queens and drag kings, gender queers and crossdressers.

When I comprehended what transgender is, it conected with me. Keep exploring and reading. Seek some counsel also. Are there any support groups where you live? I will list a couple for you. It's confusing, I imagine, but take your time. Keep in touch and tell us of your progress.

www.pflag.org
www.genderpac.org

Gennee
cpower342  

Interests: music, film, equality for trangender and bisexual persons
Physical Location: florida

Posted: 8 Jan 2008, 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: How do you know if you're TG? Reply with quote

Spiderbat wrote:
I was wondering if there is a definite way of knowing if you are transgendered.

I am not quite sure if I am...I am a biological female, but I certainly don't feel like one. Every time I wear something feminine, it just doesn't feel right. I feel as though I am killing off my soul. Ever since I was very little, I had always secretly desired to be a boy. When I am with the guys and treated as one, I feel like I belong there. (They treat me different than the other girls because I am technically a lesbian.) I don't know if all of this means I am transgendered or if I'm something else. Anyhow, I was just wondering.

Hi. I am not sure this might help, but I was reading this article and thought of your question. I am not sure the moderator of the group allows this, but here is the url for the article:

http://www.pflag.org/Article_-_Gay_or_Trans.774.0.html

I hope this helps. Stay strong and be true to yourself. cpower342
Spiderbat  

Interests: Traveling, science, poetry, movies, the paranormal, music, nature, and the little things that make life interesting.
Physical Location: In a land far far away...

Posted: 26 Jan 2008, 2:15 am    Post subject: Re: Found Out Late in Life Reply with quote

I actually only know of one support group that exists. (The phone book out here does not give any information) I had to do some real digging, but I found that there was a GLBTQ group at the college...the only problem would be figuring out how to attend the meetings...I'd rather not bring up the topic to my parents. They are fine with me being gay, even though they still are getting used to it, but they do not want me to be transgendered. I have been doing some secret research at the library, but they do not have many books about transgendered people. However, I did find one book, though I cannot recall the title, but it has only confirmed my suspicions...I think I truly am transgendered...By the way I did look at the websites, and they helped. One thing I know for sure is that I need to figure out how to get to the meetings with an adequate excuse...I do have one plan forming now...I'll see how it works out. Thanks for your help!
cpower342  

Interests: music, film, equality for trangender and bisexual persons
Physical Location: florida

Posted: 28 Jan 2008, 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Found Out Late in Life Reply with quote

Spiderbat wrote:
I actually only know of one support group that exists. (The phone book out here does not give any information) I had to do some real digging, but I found that there was a GLBTQ group at the college...the only problem would be figuring out how to attend the meetings...I'd rather not bring up the topic to my parents. They are fine with me being gay, even though they still are getting used to it, but they do not want me to be transgendered. I have been doing some secret research at the library, but they do not have many books about transgendered people. However, I did find one book, though I cannot recall the title, but it has only confirmed my suspicions...I think I truly am transgendered...By the way I did look at the websites, and they helped. One thing I know for sure is that I need to figure out how to get to the meetings with an adequate excuse...I do have one plan forming now...I'll see how it works out. Thanks for your help!

Spiderbat; If you are in a land far far away, perhaps there is a city close by with a name? With that, some persons who post here may know of local groups or GLBTQ-friendly places where you may feel freer to explore your transgender questions and speak to others. The group at the college sounds like a great place to start. As far as your parents, only you know when, or even if, you can bring them into your confidence. If you feel you are truly Transgendered, a logical step is doing what you are already doing; researching, reading, and working through your feelings. As for me, I can only say that I started in a very similar way. Not fitting in and feeling more comfortable with the 'opposite' gender as far as friends when I was very young. I still am struggling with the stereotypes; like what I wear and feel comfortable in (which is different from my biological gender) even though it is more accepted these days than it was even only a few years ago. The suggestion of counseling was a good one. Anyway, to keep this short, I hope you find a way to go to those meetings and make new friends. Keep us informed as you travel your road...it can be lonely and sometimes hard, but you are not alone. Please tell us how you are doing, and as always, be strong and stay true to yourself.
Reply to topic   Post new topic    

Page 1 of 1

Discussion Boards by phpBB © 2006 phpBB Group

www.glbtq.com is produced by glbtq, Inc., 1130 West Adams Street, Chicago, IL   60607
glbtq™ and its logo are trademarks of glbtq, Inc.
This site and its contents Copyright © 2002-2006, glbtq, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
Your use of this site indicates that you accept its Terms of Service.