Permissions & Licensing
  Terms of Service
  Privacy Policy
  Copyright

Index      FAQ       Member List       Report Abuse        Guidelines    

Topic: self Acceptance

Reply to topic   Post new topic
gennee  

Interests: reading, writing, poetry, transgender issues, gospel, veteran's issues,jazz,education,religion,literature,Native-American and African culture,lighthouses,trails,castles,tractor trailers, playwriting, biograhies, electronics, bass guitar
Physical Location: new york

Posted: 27 Mar 2008, 6:06 pm    Post subject: self Acceptance Reply with quote

I have been transgender and a crossdresser for nearly three years now. I have read many books and articles about it. I have met many wonderful people and have embraced my transgender identity. There are many aspects of my life that I cherish and nurture. Self acceptance in my opinion is the most improtant.

Self-denial is like being stretched out on a rack. If it's not dealt with, the very life in our souls will faint and die. I was i denial for severals weeks. One day I came out to myself that I was a cross dresser. That was the beginning of a new life. If if the greater society accepts us, if we aren't comfortable with who we are, it means nothing.

I never knew that I would feel so complete and liberated. I met the family that I never knew I had. Why is it that transgender people are hated and villified so much? Is it because we choose to be ourselves? The way I see it, we have that choice to be who we are. I discovered my trans gender identity at age fifty-six. Better late than never, I always say. Ever since I acepted myself, I have been at peace and contentment.

If I could give anything to each transgender man and woman, it would be inner peace and contentment. It makes all the difference in the world.

Gennee
Reply to topic   Post new topic    

Page 1 of 1

Discussion Boards by phpBB © 2006 phpBB Group

www.glbtq.com is produced by glbtq, Inc., 1130 West Adams Street, Chicago, IL   60607
glbtq™ and its logo are trademarks of glbtq, Inc.
This site and its contents Copyright © 2002-2006, glbtq, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
Your use of this site indicates that you accept its Terms of Service.