Index      FAQ       Member List       Report Abuse        Guidelines    

Topic: C.C. Saint-Clair's novels
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic   Post new topic
comkid  

Interests: reading clubbing working out
Physical Location: liverpool

Posted: 1 Dec 2005, 6:08 am    Post subject: a good fan base Reply with quote

It's good to see such a strong thread on CC. Her books are really hard to find. Not in any phys glbtq bookstore that I've ever walked in. Had to get mine from amazon. wouldn't have been my first choice. yeah .. I really got into Risking-me maybe because it's the first *romance* novel I ever read that hits on a real issue like domestic violence in the straight and lesbian communities. That novel is a few years old already but nothinghas changed. Too many of us live in daily DV circumstances. Tracey chapman's song, The Police, might have been written about a lesbian DV scene for all I know.
gntltong  

Physical Location: New zealand

Posted: 20 Jan 2006, 1:25 am    Post subject: sharp stuff-bdsm Reply with quote

hi everyone,
I don't know if my little find is common knowledge but on the same all things lesbian forum that timotei mentioned earlier in this thread, Saint-Clair has just posted her newest thing which as it turns out is a short story with a very strong bdsm theme.
It's a free read and she says she's written it as an adult fairy tale. I thought you'd all appreciate the heads up if you hadn't already found that story. here's when you get directly to it.
http://www.allthingslesbian.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=254&sid=d83304f61e4ba0befa1f45a1b217dd6c
jory  

Interests: Jogging, clubbing, reading
Physical Location: London

Posted: 11 Mar 2006, 9:23 pm    Post subject: C.C. saint-clair's take on bdsm and adult tairy tales Reply with quote

i"m returning to this thread not knowing if all of you who have already posted pro- saint-clair stuff have come across that fairy tale she wrote on consensaul BDSM. it's new on her website. I've read it and the other one she's called Crab Catcher and my gf really got into them, uh ... with me ... at bedtime :)
majaron  

Physical Location: KY, USA

Posted: 11 Apr 2006, 9:55 pm    Post subject: Nother Saint-clair lead Reply with quote

Hi ya all on this thread.
Has anyone come across the latest PR on CC? I've grabbed it for you in case you've missed it.
Other than that, Jory, yeah, I've read - of course- CC's Crab catcher story. i even read it to my gf. nice outcome for all parties concerned, if you know what i mean.
Don't know which one I ,or she, liked best, that one or The Whip hand. The proto/historical fantasy setting works well for me and they do read as real fairy tales - without the fairies.

Any way, here's the PR.

Urban Realism and Sensual Romance –
Total Reading Experience!

(PRWEB) March 6, 2006 ABCTV -- Jason Bray and Melissa Clarke, two southwest youth workers have produced Breathless, a documentary aimed at breaking the stereotypes of chroming and homelessness. Mr Bray said Breathless was all about educating and not about laying blame.

``The aim of this documentary,” he said, “is to let normal, everyday Australians, our youth and social workers be aware of the world of volatile substance abuse.”

“Although national statistics are still unreliably low when it comes to an accurate count of the number of LGBTQ youth among the homeless youth population, the consensus points to a range between 30% and 45% in urban areas.”

In Far From Maddy, her sixth novel, Australian author C.C. Saint-Clair’s brings a twelve year old chromer out of the shadows while the main character, twenty-two year old Jo, takes the unusual step of opting out of the mainstream and a promising career in architecture, to take up life as a homeless person.

“Urban Realism embedded in lesbian fiction while intersecting current social issues is what C.C. Saint-Clair manages seamlessly.” - Veronika Clayton.

The major difference between a C.C. Saint-Clair novel and the rest of the pack in the GLBT genre is the range and depth of emotions her writing drudges up within unsuspecting readers.

Because Saint-Clair’s novels are not largely for those who choose to live, eat, breathe and read in the mainstream, but for those who dare to explore, the deceptive simplicity of her plots pushes buttons,” explains feature-columnist Jane Fynes-Clinton.

Spoiler: C.C.’s strong lesbian characters are NOT the nasty protagonists. They are the ones whose emotional baggage is exposed by her inimitable gritty and sometimes confronting prose.

Always sensual, always woman-empowering, each of Saint-Clair’s 7 books contains her trademark blend of layered sensuality folded through sometimes harsh but textured real-to-life issues.

To facilitate the discovery of her work, C.C. Saint-Clair has put together a website that provides a free-ranging opportunity to sample the sensuality that heats up the kaleidoscope of urban issues flagged in her books.

In addition, Benchmarks and Silent Goodbyes, two of Saint-Clair’s earlier paperbacks are finally available, ‘cheap as chips’, in a series of 7 ebooklet per novel [$1.45 per ebooklet]
Grab them directly from www.ccsaint-clair.com/index.php

Paperbacks or ebooks, Saint-Clair’s novels are much more than books.
They are the Total Reading Escape for the Thinking Woman.

Ready to fantasize, think and empathize?
Drop in @ www.ccsaint-clair.com/index.php

Sensual Romance/Lesbian Novelist
Paperback novels: Amazon.com ($15.95)
Bookmakersink.com (publisher’s discount - $12.95}
moonda  

Posted: 30 Jun 2006, 9:35 pm    Post subject: heads up or so yesterday Reply with quote

i have no idea how long CC's short stories have been posted on her website, but i've just come across them. I've just finished the Whip hand and yup, it's about BDSM alright, but with a fdifference. I think she wanted to show that there's nothing wrong BDSM as such when done with love and in control and to give pleasure. it's only when mishandled or misrepresented that BDSM becomes an intrument of negative & painful & sadism. CC's story is really quite cute and of course about dykes in love but in a fantasy time and place. And yeah, the bad *guy* copes it in the end. Good Moral to that story.
ravindyke  

Interests: reading, drumming, watching people do life
Physical Location: england

Posted: 18 Aug 2006, 1:53 am    Post subject: empty handed Reply with quote

hi all. i've been watching this thread& others on CC saint-clair but basically everything that i think about say about Saint-clair's writing has been said. but finally i found something to contribute to the conversation.
i've come across her space @ myspace.com and that photo.
[im]http://myspace-315.vo.llnwd.net/01036/51/35/1036685315_m.jpg[/img]
not sure whether this forum support pix. we'll find out when i hit submit. as she said in her profile, she might not get around to *inviting Friends* to her page. she doesn't seem to have time to plough thru all the various groups. totally understandable.
moonda  

Posted: 2 Feb 2007, 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

someone here was talking a while back about CC's short stories. well, ill be darned if her latest- according to her site is not just about 100% diff from all others.

she says she wrote it like a tao tale, something spiritual that reflects where she's at in her life, something about being in the moment. all of you who have posted here youve prolly already found it so to make it easy for everyone else i hope i'm not infringing the copyright doodah by posting a section here AND type copyright by C.C. Saint-Clair 2006???
quote:She picks up the sea snail and rolls the empty shell inside the palm of her open hand. Grains of sand from her index finger disturb those clinging to the shell. Colour splits the shell in half, and she ponders why solid indigo should be the colour that curls up the spiral, from the opening of the shell to halfway up, while the top half is a perfect, tiny cyclonic whirl painted the colour of whitewash.
An ancient Greek village encrusted on a seaside cliff comes to her mind – just like the one already glued inside the pages of her photo albums - pages where she keeps her memories for fear of forgetting who she is and where she has been.

She smiles and rolls the shell one more time. Her hand closes over it. She can already see it - quaint memento from another world - transported back to the city, to her study, to the edge of her keyboard – The conical shell would remind her of soft white sand and of the smooth ripples tooled into it by the breeze - a new reminder of where she has been and what she has seen. A tiny cosmic trophy, as frail and delicate as the tenuous connection she has with her inner self.

“Don’t touch!” says the voice inside her head. The voice had been with her ever since she began the solitary walk away from the campsite. “Don’t touch!” it said every time she bent down to pick up a feather, a sea pebble, a shell.
“You’re no fun,” she replies. Her words scatter about her. “You don’t know me. I’m a horder. I accumulate photos, and I collect things, even bits of things which stand for bits of life. My life. I take them home so I can remember where I’ve been and how I felt at the time. They are my anchors.” Anchors into the past. The irony is not lost on her and she arches an eyebrow.
“Don’t touch!” the tone is as patient as it is firm.
She smiles at the indigo-white shell, but drops it gently back on to the sand.

Loud and full of rambunctious energy, the sea comes in adorned with frothy white caps. It comes in from afar, dancing, rolling on chords of cobalt blue and .....
end of quote. dont want to push my luck
phunix  

Interests: all that makes the world turn
Physical Location: austin TX

Posted: 22 Jun 2007, 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's something that should make you happy. yay!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C.C._Saint-Clair
comkid  

Interests: reading clubbing working out
Physical Location: liverpool

Posted: 23 Nov 2007, 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can't help myself which means that when i hook on to a C.C saitnclair review that's not yet posted i make it my trophy.
i don't stalk any1, definately not across the fucking globewhich is where CC lives compared to me.
what i do is post what i find and i have just found that.
admittedly, it's not as fresh as i would have liked it to be.
shit happens when life gets in the way.

[quote]
‘C.C. Saint-Clair’ devised a pen name to preserve her privacy and separate her two lives, as a high school teacher and a writer of lesbian fiction. “[My] friends came up with Saint-Clair, a great pick that reflects my French heritage, and yet is friendly to Anglo ears,” she says. “I picked C.C. to stand for the private me. [The] double Cs are the starting letters for both my first and middle names.”
To date, C.C. has produced seven novels in a genre she describes as ‘lesbian romance within social realism’. She says her writing style and blend of ‘urban grit laced with unbridled sensuality’ come naturally to her. “I visualise and play with moments of great sensual intensity. I hone and tweak them with tender loving care. I enjoy every second of these interactions, but vicariously. My partner thinks it’s great sexual therapy for me and totally safe.”
Rather than waiting around for a publisher, C.C. took matters into her own hands and self-funded the production of her books. She is currently working on publishing second editions of her paperbacks under her own label, Lazy Moon Productions. While avoiding mainstream publishers has allowed her complete creative freedom, she explains “There is absolutely no industry machinery behind me to push and plug my novels.”
Somehow she has found time around her day job to adapt two of her novels, Far From Maddy and Morgan in the Mirror, to award-winning screenplays, and has plans for novel number eight. “I sense that I am done with the dark side of life,” she hints. “I sense that my next novel will be of a more spiritual nature, more in the lines of a personal awakening.” Visit www.ccsaint-clair.com
Melissa Giles[/quote'
if you figure out why CC Saint clair would decide to go spiritual; god help us because we then have lost a good writer and let me know what you find out when you do
Reply to topic   Post new topic    
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Page 2 of 2

Discussion Boards by phpBB © 2006 phpBB Group

www.glbtq.com is produced by glbtq, Inc., 1130 West Adams Street, Chicago, IL   60607
glbtq™ and its logo are trademarks of glbtq, Inc.
This site and its contents Copyright © 2002-2006, glbtq, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
Your use of this site indicates that you accept its Terms of Service.