Permissions & Licensing
  Terms of Service
  Privacy Policy
  Copyright

Index      FAQ       Member List       Report Abuse        Guidelines    

Topic: Just want to voice myself

Reply to topic   Post new topic
Frizz  

Interests: I adore my 50 chickens. :) I play the French Horn well. Like to read. Hunt. Camp. Am in Drama.
Physical Location: WI

Posted: 10 Nov 2008, 6:29 pm    Post subject: Just want to voice myself Reply with quote

Okay. My little life story is just like most everyone elses. I'm seventeen, soon to be eighteen, and about two/three years ago, I told my parents that I was bi. Well, my mom is kinda religious, and said that i wasn't allowed to come out until I was done with high school. My dad at least took it easier, saying that if I ever brought a "lesbian lover" back from college, he'd at least let her in the house. Both said they'd continue to love me, but within a week, they had sceduled an appointment with a psychologist.

That was the only time they took me, as it didn't accomplish anything, but I guess you could say it hurt my pride. I havn't told many other people, one ex-boyfriend, a closet bi guy I'm friends with, a graduate of my school who was the only open gay, and my current boy friend. My school is small, there is only 50ish kids in my senior class, and so its not like I can date anyone same sex in secret. But graduation is seemingly right around the corner, and college isn't far away, which makes me nervous as anything.

Will I find anyone special? Will word get out, and everyone from here find out and hate me? Non of my gal friends know, so I always feel guilty around them. I know that even if non of my friends from school can handle it, I'll make new freinds, but as I've grown up with nearly all of them since Kindergarden, I think that it will be like loosing a large part of my life.

I really want to try dateing the same sex when I go off, but that starts a whole new bunch of worries. When ever I see anyone who is openly gay, it always seems like they are adorned with rainbow pins and clothes, cropping their hair short. I don't like to be stereotyped, but I worry that if I don't, know one will know that I'm interested in them.

Does everyone face these problems? Please give me feed back.

The Frizz
gennee  

Interests: reading, writing, poetry, transgender issues, gospel, veteran's issues,jazz,education,religion,literature,Native-American and African culture,lighthouses,trails,castles,tractor trailers, playwriting, biograhies, electronics, bass guitar
Physical Location: new york

Posted: 13 Nov 2008, 9:15 pm    Post subject: Welcome. Reply with quote

First of all, welcome to the site Frizz. A lot is going through your mind. Most important thing is to be yourself. Your situation is tough but you'll be on your own soon. You will find that there are many bi people out there. If your headed to college, there are LGBT groups on campus. You'll find friends because there are some high school students around in the same situation as you.

If you want to tell your firends, do it only if you feel comfortable about it. Keep me posted.

GENNEE
gennee  

Interests: reading, writing, poetry, transgender issues, gospel, veteran's issues,jazz,education,religion,literature,Native-American and African culture,lighthouses,trails,castles,tractor trailers, playwriting, biograhies, electronics, bass guitar
Physical Location: new york

Posted: 1 Dec 2008, 9:23 am    Post subject: Hello Reply with quote

Just wanted to say hello and see how you are doing, Frizz.

Gennee
Reply to topic   Post new topic    

Page 1 of 1

Discussion Boards by phpBB © 2006 phpBB Group

www.glbtq.com is produced by glbtq, Inc., 1130 West Adams Street, Chicago, IL   60607
glbtq™ and its logo are trademarks of glbtq, Inc.
This site and its contents Copyright © 2002-2006, glbtq, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
Your use of this site indicates that you accept its Terms of Service.