Permissions & Licensing
  Terms of Service
  Privacy Policy
  Copyright

Index      FAQ       Member List       Report Abuse        Guidelines    

Topic: Hey, Brn2Snap needs advice! :(

Reply to topic   Post new topic
Brn2Snap  

Interests: Photography, Music, Romance (Gay, Straight anything), Family, TV, Technology and Photography books
Physical Location: Kirkland, Washington

Posted: 27 Jan 2009, 9:24 am    Post subject: Hey, Brn2Snap needs advice! :( Reply with quote

Okay, the reason Im making this my 1st post because Im feeling a little lost now. You see, Im 15 yrs old now and I'm openly gay outside of my house.....okay my dad knows but, he's VERY CHRISTIAN!!!! I cannot tell u how unbearable it is going2 church everyday, surrounded by a whole bunch of little perfects and hot cadre leaders(Yummy). Not only that but my mom past away recently (Dec.2.08) and Iwas very much a mama's boy. I came out to her in the summer and ever since I tried to open about it with her but I still hid it, to a degree. My life has changed drastically since she left. I know you don't want to hear my life story but I want to know something:

With my dad being a straight-up christian and me wanting to not to be what I am, How can I talk to my dad and not have to sneak around about the whole thing?
xoxoxox,
Brn2Snap
gennee  

Interests: reading, writing, poetry, transgender issues, gospel, veteran's issues,jazz,education,religion,literature,Native-American and African culture,lighthouses,trails,castles,tractor trailers, playwriting, biograhies, electronics, bass guitar
Physical Location: new york

Posted: 27 Jan 2009, 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Hey, Brn2Snap needs advice! :( Reply with quote

Brn2Snap wrote:
Okay, the reason Im making this my 1st post because Im feeling a little lost now. You see, Im 15 yrs old now and I'm openly gay outside of my house.....okay my dad knows but, he's VERY CHRISTIAN!!!! I cannot tell u how unbearable it is going2 church everyday, surrounded by a whole bunch of little perfects and hot cadre leaders(Yummy). Not only that but my mom past away recently (Dec.2.08) and Iwas very much a mama's boy. I came out to her in the summer and ever since I tried to open about it with her but I still hid it, to a degree. My life has changed drastically since she left. I know you don't want to hear my life story but I want to know something:

With my dad being a straight-up christian and me wanting to not to be what I am, How can I talk to my dad and not have to sneak around about the whole thing?
xoxoxox,
Brn2Snap

First of all, I'm sorry about your mother's passing. My condolences to you.

You can only be youreself. Your father may be digesting what you have shared with him. Give him some time and space. Have you come to terms with your sexuality? God loves you reagrdless. I'm a transgender person and have reconciled it with my faith.

Are therer any groups at your school like PFLAG or GSA (Gay -Straight Alliance)? THey can provide you with the resources to help you and your father. Please keep us posted on your progress.

Gennee
Reply to topic   Post new topic    

Page 1 of 1

Discussion Boards by phpBB © 2006 phpBB Group

www.glbtq.com is produced by glbtq, Inc., 1130 West Adams Street, Chicago, IL   60607
glbtq™ and its logo are trademarks of glbtq, Inc.
This site and its contents Copyright © 2002-2006, glbtq, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
Your use of this site indicates that you accept its Terms of Service.