Permissions & Licensing
  Terms of Service
  Privacy Policy
  Copyright

Index      FAQ       Member List       Report Abuse        Guidelines    

Topic: Peace In The Garden

Reply to topic   Post new topic
gennee  

Interests: reading, writing, poetry, transgender issues, gospel, veteran's issues,jazz,education,religion,literature,Native-American and African culture,lighthouses,trails,castles,tractor trailers, playwriting, biograhies, electronics, bass guitar
Physical Location: new york

Posted: 22 Aug 2009, 4:48 pm    Post subject: Peace In The Garden Reply with quote

Since declaring myself a transgenderist, I'm totally at peace with my identity. I have been in a comtemplative mood a few times also. I have returned to places that influenced me in my young adult days. My being transgender has made me more aware of even the simplest things. I'm not taking much for granted anymore.

In 1969, the greatest rock concert in history took place on an upstate New York farm. Woodstock is fondly remembered by those who attended the rain soaked event on that August weekend. It was also a time when nearly 500,000 people from all over the world gathered together in peace, love, and fellowship. With the shortage of provisions and inadequate security there were only two deaths. People were in tune with the vibes and music of that glorious weekend.

You may be asking what this has to do with my being a transgenderist? I have found that garden of Eden in places which perhaps I took for granted. An empty church, a river side park and a courtyard have reminded me that I need to get away from all the noise and confusion. It has made a difference. There are many people weary from the cares of daily life. Transgender people are battered around with more venom because we choose to be who we are.

Remember to appreciate what you have. take time and reflect on how far you have. Never minimize anything that happens because there's a purpose in it. Take nothing for granted.

Gennee
Reply to topic   Post new topic    

Page 1 of 1

Discussion Boards by phpBB © 2006 phpBB Group

www.glbtq.com is produced by glbtq, Inc., 1130 West Adams Street, Chicago, IL   60607
glbtq™ and its logo are trademarks of glbtq, Inc.
This site and its contents Copyright © 2002-2006, glbtq, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
Your use of this site indicates that you accept its Terms of Service.