Privacy Policy
  Copyright

Index      FAQ       Member List       Report Abuse        Guidelines    

Topic: How to "come out"

Reply to topic   Post new topic
angel32592  

Interests: Anything and everything an average young adult enjoys. =D
Physical Location: Vermont, USA

Posted: 21 Jan 2010, 6:08 pm    Post subject: How to "come out" Reply with quote

Hello, I am Samantha and 17. I find that as years go by i understand that i TRULY am a bisexual. I love men and women. I have been with both....though i haven't "popped my cherry" so to speak. I have often heard that people think i am a lesbian and i cant help but giggle when i hear it. the problem is that i have only seen people that my friends, family, and even acquaintances dont know who they are or even about them. I fear people knowing. so i hide it. i cant help but feel that i need to do so. i work hard to hide it. but sometimes i slip. The other night at a dance my friend and i were dancing (a girl) with a group of other people and a slow song came on. being the only two without a partner we were going to leave the floor until i semi-jokingly suggested we dance. she laughed and said sure. so there i was. dancing with a girl just like the other partners. she felt a lil awkward but i felt RIGHT. having her in my arms swaying to the sound of a soft melody.

I guess my real problem is coming out. how do i know if i am ready? how will people react? what if they dont want to be around me anymore? what if my parents down accept me? what if my girl FRIENDS start acting weird around me or even my guy ones?

maybe if you tell me about your experiences it would help. or any advice.
I really need it.
Thanks,
~Samantha
gennee  

Interests: reading, writing, poetry, transgender issues, gospel, veteran's issues,jazz,education,religion,literature,Native-American and African culture,lighthouses,trails,castles,tractor trailers, playwriting, biograhies, electronics, bass guitar
Physical Location: new york

Posted: 21 Jan 2010, 10:57 pm    Post subject: Do It When You're Comfortable Reply with quote

Come out when you feel comfortable. It's hard to pedict how people will react. There may be acceptance or rejection. You share a part of yourself that very important to you.

I told my wife about my being transgender without holding anything back. She was shocked to say the least. Now she accepts this part of me. I told my son a year later and he was cool with it.

You'll discover that coming out is liberating.

Gennee
angel32592  

Interests: Anything and everything an average young adult enjoys. =D
Physical Location: Vermont, USA

Posted: 21 Jan 2010, 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Gennee. it helps.
Reply to topic   Post new topic    

Page 1 of 1

Discussion Boards by phpBB © 2006 phpBB Group

www.glbtq.com is produced by glbtq, Inc., 1130 West Adams Street, Chicago, IL   60607
glbtq™ and its logo are trademarks of glbtq, Inc.
This site and its contents Copyright © 2002-2006, glbtq, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
Your use of this site indicates that you accept its Terms of Service.