Terms of Service
  Privacy Policy
  Copyright

Index      FAQ       Member List       Report Abuse        Guidelines    

Topic: Seeking advice

Reply to topic   Post new topic
Taryn  

Posted: 15 Sep 2010, 10:03 pm    Post subject: Seeking advice Reply with quote

Hello all, Taryn here. I am a bisexual teen in a tiny, small-minded community with only two GLBTQ community members (that I know of). I have told my parents, both of whom are very uncomfortable discussing the topic and more than a little convinced that this makes me the bad child. My mother has gone so far as to tell me to not let anyone else know, for fear that it would ruin her business and reputation. I feel trapped; I want nothing more than to just come out gradually, naturally, and live with myself as the free, happy person that I know I can be. I don't want to be a secret anymore. I've already tried to talk to my mom, but she remains adament. What should I do?
Jinny Baza, over and out!
gennee  

Interests: reading, writing, poetry, transgender issues, gospel, veteran's issues,jazz,education,religion,literature,Native-American and African culture,lighthouses,trails,castles,tractor trailers, playwriting, biograhies, electronics, bass guitar
Physical Location: new york

Posted: 16 Sep 2010, 2:51 pm    Post subject: Be Yourself Reply with quote

Are there any other teens that you know of that are at the glbtq center? If you can, find a couple of other bisexual teens you can be friends with.

Don't force the issue with your mom. She may be trying to understand what you said to her. Give your folks times. Be happy with who you are and embrace every positive experience that you have.

Gennee
Taryn  

Posted: 16 Sep 2010, 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Be Yourself Reply with quote

gennee wrote:
Are there any other teens that you know of that are at the glbtq center? If you can, find a couple of other bisexual teens you can be friends with.

Don't force the issue with your mom. She may be trying to understand what you said to her. Give your folks times. Be happy with who you are and embrace every positive experience that you have.

Gennee

There is no glbtq center. The two glbtq people I mentioned I don't know for sure, I'm just taking a guess based on behavior and the whisperings of those closest to them. What is a glbtq center, by the way? Just a place for us to hang out, get info, etc.? I've led a pretty sheltered, homophobic, don't ask don't tell lifestyle.
gennee  

Interests: reading, writing, poetry, transgender issues, gospel, veteran's issues,jazz,education,religion,literature,Native-American and African culture,lighthouses,trails,castles,tractor trailers, playwriting, biograhies, electronics, bass guitar

Posted: 19 Sep 2010, 2:28 pm    Post subject: A Bit of Everything. Reply with quote

The comunity center here is where people get info, hang out and have meetings. There's groups for everthing from support meetings to activist groups, to folks dealing with substance abuse. Are you near a large city?

One good website is listed below. Let me know how your search turns out.

Gennee

www.binetusa.org
Taryn  

Posted: 19 Sep 2010, 10:21 pm    Post subject: Re: A Bit of Everything. Reply with quote

gennee wrote:
The comunity center here is where people get info, hang out and have meetings. There's groups for everthing from support meetings to activist groups, to folks dealing with substance abuse. Are you near a large city?

One good website is listed below. Let me know how your search turns out.

Gennee

www.binetusa.org

Thank you so much! I am not near anything even remotely close to a big city, but I do plan on celebrating Bi Pride Day on the 23rd, by myself if I have to! I will be using that site frequently, thanks for the link!
Taryn
gennee  

Posted: 20 Sep 2010, 10:59 am    Post subject: Happy Bi Pride Reply with quote

You're welcome Taryn and happy bi pride.

Gennee
Reply to topic   Post new topic    

Page 1 of 1

Discussion Boards by phpBB © 2006 phpBB Group

www.glbtq.com is produced by glbtq, Inc., 1130 West Adams Street, Chicago, IL   60607
glbtq™ and its logo are trademarks of glbtq, Inc.
This site and its contents Copyright © 2002-2006, glbtq, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
Your use of this site indicates that you accept its Terms of Service.