Permissions & Licensing
  Terms of Service
  Privacy Policy
  Copyright

Index      FAQ       Member List       Report Abuse        Guidelines    

Topic: transgender/transvestite

Reply to topic   Post new topic
gennee  

Interests: reading, writing, poetry, transgender issues, gospel, veteran's issues,jazz,education,religion,literature,Native-American and African culture,lighthouses,trails,castles,tractor trailers, playwriting, biograhies, electronics, bass guitar
Physical Location: new york

Posted: 25 Nov 2005, 8:46 pm    Post subject: transgender/transvestite Reply with quote

I am a heterosexual transvestite who is transgender. I love the transgender community and am very concerned what my trans brothers and sisters have to deal with.. I would love to know what issues are important to you in order for us to move forward? Like gay, lesbian, and bisexual folks, transgendered folks suffer the same bigotry and violence. I would like to hear from anybody. thanks.

Gennee
Roxie_A  

Interests: Philosophy. & The Logic, and Morals, of People. My art.
Physical Location: Earth

Posted: 25 Nov 2005, 11:42 pm    Post subject: Re: transgender/transvestite Reply with quote

gennee wrote:
I am a heterosexual transvestite who is transgender. I love the transgender community and am very concerned what my trans brothers and sisters have to deal with.. I would love to know what issues are important to you in order for us to move forward? Like gay, lesbian, and bisexual folks, transgendered folks suffer the same bigotry and violence. I would like to hear from anybody. thanks.

Gennee

Hello Gennee.
I have my thoughts on what ďIĒ feel is one of the biggest problems with acceptance of Trans people by society. One reason is. They donít know that thereís a difference in Trans people. We are not all the same. But I find that, for the most part. We are all thrown into a pot, and categorized by society. Depending from what areaís of the country theyíre in. Makes the difference in what Trans people are called, or termed to be. Your from up North, and Iím from the yellow brick road state. Ignorance from this area, calls, or mentions me to be gay, or cross dresser by most. The further west you go. It changes. Drag Queens, or She/males. And East, transvestites, or transgender.. I donít know the east, or west thing to be accurate in terminology. But I have been both east, and west. And society looks, and calls us different things.
Is that a problem? Well, to me it is. How can society understand, and learn about Gender Dysphoria, or Gender Identity Disorder <GID> . If we canít agree, and except that we, ourselves are different from one lifestyle to the next, within the GD/GID arena. Iím not trying to put in balance that one group, or labeling is better than another. And I donít have any issues with what any one within Gender Dysphoria wants, or does. OK, Labels. Trans people hate labels. Thatís all well, and good. But society needs them, and a definition by which to see, the full circle of trans people.

I am past the transition stages in my life. And I live my life on a daily bases with out Trans gendered thoughts, or concerns pertaining to myself. My employers havenít asked, or mentioned to me anything about me being trans, or my gender. I donít fear them asking. And I donít deny my past. But I have done a lot of thought on what could have alleviated some of discomforts experienced during my transition.
And peoples ignorance lead even more so, by their social image, stature, and acceptance. Has been the most common problem that I see facing all of us within GID.

Thanks for the space.
Alexandra  

Posted: 8 Jan 2006, 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the most important issue to me is the one that sits in the White House.
Roxie_A  

Interests: Philosophy. & The Logic, and Morals, of People. My art.
Physical Location: Earth

Posted: 8 Jan 2006, 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexandra wrote:
the most important issue to me is the one that sits in the White House.

hello Alexandra, I am over 50, and I never have register to vote, and I never will.
I think that the government is as Crooked as they come. The president is only a figure head for the government. He is told what to say.
But the thing that really gets to me the most with the one that sets in the white house is, that no where, do you find the president of a corporation, that has a different, and privately own business of their own. Its called a conflict of interest I believe. Bushís whole family are oil people. Chaney also has over 30 million dollars of oil money as well. So I wonder why gas prices donít seem to ever be an issue to the one in the white house.

But I think what upsets me more than anything. Are the people that dump their garbage, and junk along side the roadways. I maintain just over 50 miles of country roads. And I see almost daily where someone has left their garbage on, and for someone else to clean up after. These people have no morals, respect, or dignity. They are people that have to be worked around. They canít even handle the slightest bit of responsibility. To me, they are absolutely totally worthless.

I will shut up now.

Roxie
Alexandra  

Posted: 8 Jan 2006, 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Roxie,

Anger is understandable . . . I can't say I blame you. However, If I could, I'd like to urge my fellow tg sisters and brothers to partipciate in the process and not judge who the politicans are personally, but rather, will they stand up for you?

Clealy the current adminstration is not "on our side". If left alone, they'd remove rights we already have. I urge you to vote in the next election to vote for politicans who will represent us in goverment. They may indeed be slimeballs, but at least our well being is being watched. Not voting yields power to those who would like to strip of of our rights and who we are.

Thanks for listening.
Reply to topic   Post new topic    

Page 1 of 1

Discussion Boards by phpBB © 2006 phpBB Group

www.glbtq.com is produced by glbtq, Inc., 1130 West Adams Street, Chicago, IL   60607
glbtq™ and its logo are trademarks of glbtq, Inc.
This site and its contents Copyright © 2002-2006, glbtq, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
Your use of this site indicates that you accept its Terms of Service.