Permissions & Licensing
  Terms of Service
  Privacy Policy
  Copyright

Index      FAQ       Member List       Report Abuse        Guidelines    

Topic: Your Spiritual Life

Reply to topic   Post new topic
gennee  

Interests: reading, writing, poetry, transgender issues, gospel, veteran's issues,jazz,education,religion,literature,Native-American and African culture,lighthouses,trails,castles,tractor trailers, playwriting, biograhies, electronics, bass guitar
Physical Location: new york

Posted: 3 Dec 2005, 2:38 pm    Post subject: Your Spiritual Life Reply with quote

I would love to know what are your thoughts about God and Jesus Christ? Is spirituality an important part of your life? I would love to here from everybody. Thanks.

Gennee
Olympia  

Posted: 9 Dec 2005, 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Your Spiritual Life Reply with quote

gennee wrote:
I would love to know what are your thoughts about God and Jesus Christ? Is spirituality an important part of your life? I would love to here from everybody. Thanks.

Gennee

I don't practice any sort of religion or spiritual ritual anymore, although I did grow up exposed to Jesus Christ, religion, church, etc. Now, I don't see my *life* and my spirituality as separate. I see life as an expression of my spirit. So, my *spirituality* IS my LIFE and vice versa. To answer your question, "Is spirituality an important part of your life?", well my LIFE is important and I take it very seriously. My aim is to peel away all my layers constructed from fear and to live and love freely to the best of my ability.

Just a side note:

My decision to leave religion and the teachings I grew up with had nothing at all to do with my sexuality (I'm a lesbian). My sexual self was very dead at that time (by choice) and it was almost 10 years later that I made a decision to at least LOOK at my sexual self. I chose another path because those religious teachings no longer lifted my up like they did when I was a child. I felt they restrictedme and felt incredibly free when I chose another path.

Take care.
Sefronia7  

Interests: Everything and nothing

Posted: 4 Jun 2006, 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All religions have prophets who teach of a god that embraces all of humanity.
xxoo
Sefronia

www.sefronia777.com
renaudldw  

Interests: I like to talk! mainly about life and stuff like that.
Physical Location: Malaysia

Posted: 12 Oct 2006, 8:42 am    Post subject: Peace Reply with quote

If i have to choose a spiritual belief, i would choose buddhism. it is not a religion actually, but a lifestyle which teaches us to find peace within ourselves. At least that's what i heard...
Reply to topic   Post new topic    

Page 1 of 1

Discussion Boards by phpBB © 2006 phpBB Group

www.glbtq.com is produced by glbtq, Inc., 1130 West Adams Street, Chicago, IL   60607
glbtq™ and its logo are trademarks of glbtq, Inc.
This site and its contents Copyright © 2002-2006, glbtq, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
Your use of this site indicates that you accept its Terms of Service.