Terms of Service
  Privacy Policy
  Copyright

Index      FAQ       Member List       Report Abuse        Guidelines    

Topic: Wicca and Neopaganism
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic   Post new topic
Spiderbat  

Interests: Traveling, science, poetry, movies, the paranormal, music, nature, and the little things that make life interesting.
Physical Location: In a land far far away...

Posted: 4 Jan 2008, 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Wicca and Neopaganism Reply with quote

I've always wanted to be Wiccan but my parents won't let me. I've adopted many elements of Wicca into my life, secretly of course. Once I'm out and about, Wiccan I shall become! (I'm a lesbian and possibly transgendered.)
Erato  

Interests: Movies,books,listening to and creating music,painting and of course partying and shopping as all little girls my age
Physical Location: here and there

Posted: 9 Jan 2008, 11:28 am    Post subject: dont know Reply with quote

I'm more of an atheist myself,however i believe in the supernatural.I've read many many books on pagan religions especially WICCA and i think it's very nice how nature takes a huge part in it.Actually it is all about nature.For me nature is my 'god' but i wouldn't want to join any groups,i think it's something personal.
- Ellen DeGeneres
Mon1018  

Posted: 3 Feb 2008, 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's hysterical !
Boggie  

Interests: Writing, reading, history, travel, film. biking, art study and collecting. I am researching a book on The Unsolved Murder/Suicide at Greystone Mansion in Beverly Hills. My partner and live in a old house near the sea with Phoebe our Cat and Lulu our Dog.
Physical Location: Coast of California.

Posted: 7 Mar 2008, 12:40 am    Post subject: Re: Modern Pagans Reply with quote

Paloma wrote:
Archangel wrote:
Paganism is often left up to the individual as to what exactly the practice entails. (we dont sacrifice small children and animals though). I believe a lot of Wiccans are somewhat Matriarchal in believing in a goddess however most of the time it is split between a goddess and a god.

There is no set canonical text because originally many traditions were either passed down orally, as with the druids, or some ancient texts were lost or previously destroyed, as with the egyptians aztecs and other highly advanced societies. But as with almost all pagan religions the original roots are in fact usually very old and that aura of mystery is often what may keep practitioners coming.

Some pagans do of course have a belief in magic, either theirs or the worlds own personal force. But either way it is something that can be used and is in no way shape or form evil. And Whether it is truly unexplainable or not we have yet to find out seeing as most of the acts are mind related. But I'll be the first to openly its verity.

Thank you very much for writing this. It is exactly how I feel I just couldn't find a way to explain it.
Code:

I believe you hit my nail right on the head. Wiccan and Paganism leaves one pretty much to you own study and no direction as to how and when to whorship. There is the rub.
I need guidance and direction as I find Christianity a false belief other than Jesus was a very good man who spoke truth and love.

Kailey  

Interests: AFI, Maximum Ride
Physical Location: Oklahoma

Posted: 23 Apr 2009, 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm a Wiccan and I'm bi.
Reply to topic   Post new topic    
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Page 2 of 2

Discussion Boards by phpBB © 2006 phpBB Group

www.glbtq.com is produced by glbtq, Inc., 1130 West Adams Street, Chicago, IL   60607
glbtq™ and its logo are trademarks of glbtq, Inc.
This site and its contents Copyright © 2002-2006, glbtq, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
Your use of this site indicates that you accept its Terms of Service.