Not a Member Yet? 

JOIN TODAY. IT'S FREE!

Advertising Opportunities
  Permissions & Licensing
  Terms of Service
  Privacy Policy
  Copyright

Index      FAQ       Member List       Report Abuse        Guidelines    

Topic: A 'God' after all? (on the resurrection)

Reply to topic   Post new topic
blythe  

Interests: Philosophy

Posted: 5 May 2006, 1:48 am    Post subject: A 'God' after all? (on the resurrection) Reply with quote

Dear members of this board,

Here is a topic-header from another Forum (ethical atheist). I thought I'd copy it in because I can't summarize the stuff any better. Here we go.

Dear members of this board,

I would very much like to hear your opinion on the so called Forbidden Letters, to be found at www.world-mysteries.com/PhilipGardiner/forbidden_letters.htm There is a link to part 2, 13 emails with vital extra information, aswell as a link to a PS by Philip Gardiner, the author who received the Letters recently.

The Letters are, in my opinion, astonishing (I've been reading on alchemy for 20 years now). They say that a 'God' (better: a metaphysical force) indeed exists, but in a radically different way people, even writers on alchemy, think.

For you who think: is this not theism in the end: 'The paradise of the alchemist is as atheistic as the nirvana of Buddha. It is therefor that all sorts of terms are used in classical alchemy, but never the term God. In classical alchemy.' (Jaeger)

A very exciting theory on homosexuality is included too. A positive one for a change. ['Homosexuality and Alchemy are the best kept secrets in the universe' (Silberer)]

Greetings,

P.S.

Here is some extra information.

Alchemists say:

'Christ is the stone.'

and

'We're awaiting the stone.'

Then:

The Latin (urbs transrhenana etc.) means:

The city over the Rhine in the year 711. the naked young boy catches fire in the silence of the night. Here starts the work of the sun. We're awaiting the glory of the olivetree.

711 doesn't have to be anno Domini. Could be a.u.c. (ab urbe condita, meaning: since the foundation of the city). For instance, if the city meant here is founded in 1275, 711 would be that 1986 of the Letters (see email 12, part 2).

711 could also encode January 17th. A 'holy'date in Grail-lore, though nobody knows why.

Ibn Rumni, medieval Sufi and Alchemist.

Here's some extra information:

Quote:
The language of the alchemist is allegorical. Lead (mortal body)is turned into Gold (immortal body). Pb is chosen, because if it breaks, it is silver white for a moment, and then turns black. Decay. Mortality. Gold (Au) is chosen, because nothing can touch Gold (Immortality). In classical alchemy the language is chemical, in biblical alchemy it is agricultural (The parabels of Jesus on the Kingdom within).

Then a little discussion:

Quote:
No, alchemists desprately tried to turn lead into gold, literally. This lead to the development of modern chemistry in a way.

Quote:
Those were not alchemists. Those were people who didn't see through the allegory and thought there was talk of real lead and real gold. The alchemist-writers and the alchemist-chemists were not the alchemists. The one who produces the microcosmic stone is (the gay man from the Letters). If only you had read the Letters thoroughly
shiukopup  

Interests: asian culture/gender studies, ladies' comics and boys love manga genres, takarazuka, hindi film, vegetable gardening
Physical Location: australia

Posted: 25 May 2006, 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: A 'God' after all? (on the resurrection) Reply with quote

Hello Blythe,

Can you tell us a little bit more about alchemy? i'm having trouble making sense of it. I had no idea that alchemy had such a philosophical side. are there any simple online resources you can reccomend?
blythe  

Posted: 9 Oct 2006, 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bridges and Weidner write this:

Quote:
we wanted to know exactly why Fulcanelli had described this event as a "double catastrophe" by which the northern hemisphere would be tried by fire. Judgement Day, in other words.

Fulcanelli's use of the word Chilaism gave us a clue. Chilaism is a Gnostic conception of the Christian Last Judgement in which a new existence, a spiritual reality, supercedes our flawed common reality at the extreme end of time. Many scholars (see Pagels and Couliano) consider Chilaism to be the most sophisticated of the many 1st century AD eschatological perspectives.

The Egyptian origin of this concept suggested to us the antiquity of its insight. Following this thread, we found evidence that Alchemy, as we have known it historically, is nothing more than a demonstration of the physics at work in the galactic core. The true inner core of Alchemy appears in this light as the ability to apply the physics of creation to the task of personal immortality. And with this, of course, would come the ability to survive the double catastrophe.

blythe  

Posted: 5 Feb 2007, 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A new article has been published on the Letters. www.world-mysteries.com/PhilipGardiner/forbidden_letters_16.htm

Quote:
'In view of the recognized frequency of this phenomenon [of homosexuality], its interpretation as a pathological perversion is very dubious. The psychological findings show that it is rather a matter of incomplete detachment from the hermaphroditic archetype, coupled with a distinct resistance to identify with the role of a one-sided sexual being. Such a disposition should not be adjudged negative in all circumstances, in so far as it preserves the archetype of the Original Man, which a one-sided sexual being has, up to a point, lost.' [Carl Jung "Concerning the Archetypes and the Anima Concept," CW 9i, par. 146./italics by me] [see footnote 1]

gennee  

Interests: reading, writing, poetry, transgender issues, gospel, veteran's issues,jazz,education,religion,literature,Native-American and African culture,lighthouses,trails,castles,tractor trailers, playwriting, biograhies, electronics, bass guitar
Physical Location: new york

Posted: 9 Feb 2007, 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read this post and I would love to put in my two cents worth after I read more about this. I am a born again christian interested in all things spiritual. I will take a look at the website and get back to you. Thanks. A great post.

Gennee
blythe  

Posted: 19 Feb 2007, 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gennee wrote:
I read this post and I would love to put in my two cents worth after I read more about this. I am a born again christian interested in all things spiritual. I will take a look at the website and get back to you. Thanks. A great post.

Gennee

Born again? Are you sure?

Quote:
'Within the visible body there resides a spiritual body which Boehme compares to an 'oil' which must be set on fire.'[Aniane]

'And at night, Isis ('who belonged to the cosmology of Heliopolis' [Baring and Cashford]) placed the child in a fire to burn away all that was mortal in him.'[Baring and Cashford]

'Texts about 'burning Horus' and his salvation are extant in various Egyptian and Greek documents.'[Burkert]

'Throughout the Middle Ages, pilgrims visited Heliopolis to view the tree in whose shade, according to the Christian texts, the Holy Family rested on their flight from King Herod. [Quirke]

'You are born once with a soul and a body, and a third agent, spirit, can come in to save that body and soul by making it immortal in the Work of the Sun.'[Hanno Temming in his article on the Forbidden Letters at World Mysteries]

'Through baptism by fire, man, who was before dead, is made a living soul.'[Aurora Consurgens]

'Let the dead bury the dead.'[Jesus in Matthew]

'I am baptizing you with water, for repentance, but the one who is coming after me is mightier than I. I am not worthy to carry his sandals. He will baptize you with the holy Spirit and fire.'[John the Baptist in Matthew]

'Nothing depends on baptism with water. Baptism with water only symbolizes the fact that we were born through water, meaning biologically born. We need two births to be saved. The one through water which gives us our spine and brain, the Tree of Life, that infrastructure for the Work of the Sun, and a second one through fire, when God plants our Tree of Life in that fire 'to stand everlasting.' So it's silly to say that you need to be baptized. You need to be biologically born through water, and to be born again though fire. That fire being the alchemical one called Kundalini, that water being the water of the womb. People who practise baptism and think anything depends on that confuse the symbol with the real thing.'[Fenelon]

'Whoever is near me, is near the fire, whoever is far from me, is far from the Kingdom.'[Jesus in Thomas]

'Kundalini either saves or destroys.'[de Beaumont]

'You Christ, who are all fire, have mercy on me.'[Ephraem the Syrian]

blythe  

Posted: 4 Jun 2007, 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New articles have been published. By Fox, by Hume and others.

Best wishes,
Blythe.
Reply to topic   Post new topic    

Page 1 of 1

Discussion Boards by phpBB © 2006 phpBB Group

www.glbtq.com is produced by glbtq, Inc., 1130 West Adams Street, Chicago, IL   60607
glbtq™ and its logo are trademarks of glbtq, Inc.
This site and its contents Copyright © 2002-2006, glbtq, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
Your use of this site indicates that you accept its Terms of Service.