Not a Member Yet? 

JOIN TODAY. IT'S FREE!

Advertising Opportunities
  Permissions & Licensing
  Terms of Service
  Privacy Policy
  Copyright

Index      FAQ       Member List       Report Abuse        Guidelines    

Topic: Where are History, Psychology, Law, Politics, Economics?

Reply to topic   Post new topic
pdxmitch  

Posted: 8 Apr 2003, 11:28 pm    Post subject: Where are History, Psychology, Law, Politics, Economics? Reply with quote

This is a wonderful resource, and I'm excited to have found it. But with a mission to be the most comprehensive online resource on queer culture, it seems two department headings are insufficient. Might sections such as history, psychology, biology, health, law, politics, economics, ethnic studies and others be considered as ways to expand this cultural encyclopedia?
Claude  

Interests: glbtq culture
Physical Location: New Orleans

Posted: 9 Apr 2003, 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: Where are History, Psychology, Law, Politics, Economics? Reply with quote

The topics you mention will be added soon. History and Social Sciences will be the third department, and should be added by the end of the year. Science and Health will be the fourth department and will be added in 2004.

Claude

pdxmitch wrote:
This is a wonderful resource, and I'm excited to have found it. But with a mission to be the most comprehensive online resource on queer culture, it seems two department headings are insufficient. Might sections such as history, psychology, biology, health, law, politics, economics, ethnic studies and others be considered as ways to expand this cultural encyclopedia?
pdxmitch  

Posted: 9 Apr 2003, 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, that sounds excellent. Kudos to all of you for taking this project on!
Osvaldo  

Interests: gay & latino culture, US LGBT History, Gay Culture in Latin America, LGBTQ US Latino Identity, Gay Latino Literature, LGBT Political Movements, Gay Sociology, and Anthropology
Physical Location: Boston, MA.

Posted: 25 Jun 2003, 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would be atleast worth wild to add a History, Social Sciences, Law section to the discussion section for now.
wik  

Interests: History, the Web
Physical Location: Chicago

Posted: 29 Jul 2003, 10:17 pm    Post subject: Add more boards? Reply with quote

Osvaldo wrote:
I think it would be at least worth wild to add a History, Social Sciences, Law section to the discussion section for now.

"History Social Science" and perhaps "Law and Politics" strike me as boards we should consider adding.

Any thoughts?

Wik
Reply to topic   Post new topic    

Page 1 of 1

Discussion Boards by phpBB © 2006 phpBB Group

www.glbtq.com is produced by glbtq, Inc., 1130 West Adams Street, Chicago, IL   60607
glbtq™ and its logo are trademarks of glbtq, Inc.
This site and its contents Copyright © 2002-2006, glbtq, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
Your use of this site indicates that you accept its Terms of Service.