Permissions & Licensing
  Terms of Service
  Privacy Policy
  Copyright

Index      FAQ       Member List       Report Abuse        Guidelines    

Topic: New "lesbian"/transgendered film

Reply to topic   Post new topic
Paloma  

Interests: I'm studying literature. So of course I'm interested in that. I am also interested in films and music. Well, Culture in general.
Physical Location: Roskilde - Denmark

Posted: 9 May 2006, 11:17 am    Post subject: New "lesbian"/transgendered film Reply with quote

There is a new danish film called En Soap, meaning A Soap. If you have seen any of the danish dogma films you will now what sort of film it is. The way it is filmed and the feeling in the film is like the one in Festen or The Feast. It is not a sad film, but it is very danish. Not Hollywood. It is about to women, one of them is transgendered and waiting for an operation, they other one has just left her boyfriend. They form a friendship that slowly evolves. The film is definitely worth seeing.
gennee  

Interests: reading, writing, poetry, transgender issues, gospel, veteran's issues,jazz,education,religion,literature,Native-American and African culture,lighthouses,trails,castles,tractor trailers, playwriting, biograhies, electronics, bass guitar
Physical Location: new york

Posted: 9 May 2006, 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: New "lesbian"/transgendered film Reply with quote

Paloma wrote:
There is a new danish film called En Soap, meaning A Soap. If you have seen any of the danish dogma films you will now what sort of film it is. The way it is filmed and the feeling in the film is like the one in Festen or The Feast. It is not a sad film, but it is very danish. Not Hollywood. It is about to women, one of them is transgendered and waiting for an operation, they other one has just left her boyfriend. They form a friendship that slowly evolves. The film is definitely worth seeing.

Hi, Paloma. Thanks for the tip. I will check the film out.

Gennee
Paloma  

Interests: I'm studying literature. So of course I'm interested in that. I am also interested in films and music. Well, Culture in general.

Posted: 13 May 2006, 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it is possible to say anywhere else than Denmark, but when it comes out on DVD I will write it here, and maybe there will even be English subtitles.
When it comes out you will probably be able to buy it here: http://www.axelmusic.com/index_fab.php
You can read more about the film here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0419146/
Paloma  

Posted: 11 Nov 2006, 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The film "en Soap" is now available on DVD, unfortunatly only with Danish, Swedish, Norwegian and Finish subtitles. You can buy it here: http://www.axelmusic.dk/productDetails/5708758661010
Reply to topic   Post new topic    

Page 1 of 1

Discussion Boards by phpBB © 2006 phpBB Group

www.glbtq.com is produced by glbtq, Inc., 1130 West Adams Street, Chicago, IL   60607
glbtq™ and its logo are trademarks of glbtq, Inc.
This site and its contents Copyright © 2002-2006, glbtq, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
Your use of this site indicates that you accept its Terms of Service.