Permissions & Licensing
  Terms of Service
  Privacy Policy
  Copyright

Index      FAQ       Member List       Report Abuse        Guidelines    

Topic: Sorting by Member Name, e-mail, Location

Reply to topic   Post new topic
JKAthlete  

Interests: The athletically-conditioned human male body - form and function research - physique photography
Physical Location: Cape Town, South Africa

Posted: 20 Apr 2003, 3:34 am    Post subject: Sorting by Member Name, e-mail, Location Reply with quote

How can I see on the list I require where a member is located ? Between 38 pages, how do I get to a particular starting letter of the alphabet ?
wik  

Interests: History, the Web
Physical Location: Chicago

Posted: 22 Apr 2003, 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Sorting by Member Name, e-mail, Location Reply with quote

JKAthlete wrote:
How can I see on the list I require where a member is located ? Between 38 pages, how do I get to a particular starting letter of the alphabet ?

Hi John,

Thank you for reporting this problem. I am afraid that you have detected a bug in the discussion boards.

The boards are supposed to allow you to sort the member list by Joined Date, User Name, and Total Posts, and to allow you to select the top ten posters. Unfortunately, the drop down box also erroneously indicates that you can sort by Joined Date, Location, and Email.

An internal bug report has been filed, and these errors should be fixed within the next week or two.

The software we are using for the discussion boards does not provide an easy way to find a particular starting letter of the alphabet when you view the member list using an alphabetical sort. The only way to find a specific letter of the alphabet is to navigate through the page numbers and find the letter you are after in the list. I hope that this inconvenience is removed in the next update to the software.

Thanks again for reporting the problems with the member list.

Wik
ezekieljk  

Interests: Queer activism, art and writing. Hiking, camping out, schmoozing with a good friend at cafes and cozy dens with real fireplaces. Dancing, story-telling, stand-up comedy, computer hacking, everything counterculture.
Physical Location: San Francisco

Posted: 1 Jun 2003, 10:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Sorting by Member Name, e-mail, Location Reply with quote

<<
An internal bug report has been filed, and these errors should be fixed within the next week or two.
>>

I just joined today, June 1...and have the same question, 'cause I want to access someone's data, whose user name begins with "e". You said the problem would be cleared up in a week or two...but that was April 22! Been over 5 weeks, and the error remains. [ sigh ]
wik  

Interests: History, the Web
Physical Location: Chicago

Posted: 14 Aug 2003, 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: Sorting by Member Name, e-mail, Location Reply with quote

JKAthlete wrote:

It took more than two weeks (!), but the member list sort by members is now alphabetized. The member list may now be sorted by "joined date," "member name," or "total posts."

Wik
dezu  

Physical Location: SF Bay Area

Posted: 27 Dec 2005, 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Sorting by Member Name, e-mail, Location Reply with quote

Wik wrote:

It took more than two weeks (!), but the member list sort by members is now alphabetized. The member list may now be sorted by "joined date," "member name," or "total posts."

Wik

You should post your work over at the phpbb.com boards - there's alot of members who are looking for code in order to do what you've done. Great work!
Reply to topic   Post new topic    

Page 1 of 1

Discussion Boards by phpBB © 2006 phpBB Group

www.glbtq.com is produced by glbtq, Inc., 1130 West Adams Street, Chicago, IL   60607
glbtq™ and its logo are trademarks of glbtq, Inc.
This site and its contents Copyright © 2002-2006, glbtq, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
Your use of this site indicates that you accept its Terms of Service.